70s JossWest - as classic as they come

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Late 1970s Josswest w/ four point Madagascar Rosewood with three veneers (Maple/Red/Black) into Birdseye Maple. Brown Lizard wrap put on by Proficient Billiards. Stainless steel joint, 2 shafts with Ivory ferrules and Moori tips. Steve Kornelle matching joint protectors included.

Here are the specs -

Shaft 1 - 12.6 MM Ivory Ferrule Moori Med Tip - straight with Butt total cue weighs 19.25 oz
Shaft 2 - 12.8 MM Ivory Ferrule Moori Med Tip - straight with Butt total cue weighs 19 oz - this shaft is @ 1/2 shorter

$1700 shipped in USA.

Regards,

Sanjay.

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Last edited:

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Has the butt sleeve been altered in some way?
Ditto for the buttcap?

And the shafts - are they all original? The rings look a little off for a 72-80 JW.

Thanks,
-von

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Late 1970s Josswest w/ four point Madagascar Rosewood with three veneers (Maple/Red/Black) into Birdseye Maple. Brown Lizard wrap put on by Proficient Billiards. Stainless steel joint, 2 shafts with Ivory ferrules and Moori tips. Steve Kornelle matching joint protectors included.

Here are the specs -

Shaft 1 - 12.6 MM Ivory Ferrule Moori Med Tip - straight with Butt total cue weighs 19.25 oz
Shaft 2 - 12.8 MM Ivory Ferrule Moori Med Tip - straight with Butt total cue weighs 19 oz - this shaft is @ 1/2 shorter

$1700 shipped in USA.

Regards,

Sanjay.

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Hi,

How many maple blocks are in the rings?

THANKS, adam

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Has the butt sleeve been altered in some way?
Ditto for the buttcap?

And the shafts - are they all original? The rings look a little off for a 72-80 JW.

Thanks,
-von

The Butt Cap was replaced by Bill Stroud, no other alterations to the butt have been done. The cue was totally refinished by Scott at Proficient Billards several years back, and played for a bit before being put away.

I picked up this cue used and never asked about the shafts. The shaft that is 12.8MM does have the stocky taper (that is what someone referred to Bill's shafts as) that are found on the early JWs. I would think that the other is not. I can take pictures of the inserts to show the differences.

Can you explain why you think the rings are off? I am hoping to see Bill Stroud at the show this year and ask him about the shafts and get a letter for the cue.

As for the other question... 8 Maple boxes in the butt sleeve.