On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

The8reader

does this help! haha
Silver Member
Man i know being on the road is tough,But you are living a dream most can only think about doing. IF I had the chance or the backing to go all over and do this kind of thing i would be in heaven.. when are you going to write a book. i really enjoy reading your stories except that they make me want to go and shoot pool for hours and no more rack to shoot at. What a shame:(

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally won one..............

Man i know being on the road is tough,But you are living a dream most can only think about doing. IF I had the chance or the backing to go all over and do this kind of thing i would be in heaven.. when are you going to write a book. i really enjoy reading your stories except that they make me want to go and shoot pool for hours and no more rack to shoot at. What a shame:(

Hi there and yes I am having fun. I had too much fun today. I not only finally won the tourny at Big Dogs but I gave a few lessons inbetween matches.

Helping players improve their games and trying to improve mine.

I found the secret to winning a tournament.

You just need to get your but kicked enough until you put forth the effort to get totally in stroke. I was really getting tired of not winning.

Doing pretty good is like kissing your sister. Just doesn't do much for me.

2nd 3rd or 4th is for the birds.

It's almost 6:00 AM. Just got done excersizing and it's time to hit the hay. Got a lesson at 6:eek:o PM Sunday. Kind of pooped right now.

Looks like it will be a really busy 3 days here in Desmoines that might turn into 4 or 5.

Put Scott Kito in the losers bracket early. He fought his way back to play me in the finals. Man, that Scott can still play.

Another kid there from Tulsa, his name is Jason. He plays pretty sproty too.

Had way too much fun. tomorrow is another adventure.

Action tomorrow night at Big Dogs, smack dab in the middle of Iowa.

Say hi to everyone up there i Minot for me.

Zkid09

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely subscribed to this thread. Absolutely Love reading the stories. I'm 20 and wish I had the chance to do something like that. Maybe sometime in the future! If your ever down towards Alabama or any states surrounding, please let me know. Id love a lesson.
Also may take you up on one of the phone calls if you get time sometime.
How much are your DVDs if I buy one and get It shipped to me btw?? Highly interested in one!!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doing a lesson today at Big Dogs today. He's a BCA instructor and a good one.

I have a surprise for him though. He thinks he is right eye dominant and I'm pretty sure he's left. This should be fun.

Then tonight i'm going to do gruop lessons with Big dogs APA league ad another one they have. about 60 or 70 players. This should be fun.

Then also there is a road player in town playing 1 hole with one of the good local players. I've just been laying in the weeds here watching. I'm pretty positive i'd have the best of it playing 9 ball.

Hope he stays here until tomorrow. We'll find out then who has the best of it.

More fun. never a dull moment.

Got to go. Lesson at one................

8BALLDELUXE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I had the time to get to Big Dogs for a lesson as I am only an hour and 20 mins north in Ft. Dodge. The new room is a great asset to DM.

Gene, it is great that you have time to teach the game, good luck to you sir and be safe in your travels.

TheMadScientist

Justin Richardson
Silver Member
Hi Gene. Sorry if I stole the only action you could find in Des Moines. You should start playing some one hole. It's not real hard to find someone to play that game here.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His name was Justin Whitehead.......

Hi Gene. Sorry if I stole the only action you could find in Des Moines. You should start playing some one hole. It's not real hard to find someone to play that game here.

Thanks there but he really didn't want anything to do with me. He got a good sample Sat in the tourny. I think I played my worst match against him and only missed 2 shots. I beat him 9-3.

I was hoping you could take it off there. I was rooting for the home team here.

I'll be leaving wed. Hope to see you before then,

Thanks geno...........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lived in Fort Dodge when I was a kid............

I wish I had the time to get to Big Dogs for a lesson as I am only an hour and 20 mins north in Ft. Dodge. The new room is a great asset to DM.

Gene, it is great that you have time to teach the game, good luck to you sir and be safe in your travels.

I think I was in the second grade.

I think Fort dodge is kind of on the was to Davenport. I'm thinking about going back that was for the tourny Sat,

Might be able to work something out? Is there a pool hall in Fort Dodge?

I drove 650 miles once to give a guy named Teddy a lesson in Alabama. It took me a month to get out of there, Did about 30 lessons before I could leave..

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Justin Richardson
Silver Member
I ended up breaking even with him Sunday. You won't see me anymore this trip. I've got to get ready for LASIK tuesday.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free Perfect Aim Seminar at Big Dogs Tue the June 5th 6:00 pm until midnite

Doing a lesson today at Big Dogs today. He's a BCA instructor and a good one.

I have a surprise for him though. He thinks he is right eye dominant and I'm pretty sure he's left. This should be fun.

Then tonight i'm going to do gruop lessons with Big dogs APA league ad another one they have. about 60 or 70 players. This should be fun.

Then also there is a road player in town playing 1 hole with one of the good local players. I've just been laying in the weeds here watching. I'm pretty positive i'd have the best of it playing 9 ball.

Hope he stays here until tomorrow. We'll find out then who has the best of it.

More fun. never a dull moment.

Got to go. Lesson at one................

The lesson went well. Joe found out he was left eye dominant and learned a whole lot more. This was really great because not only does Joe teach but he can play pretty sporty also.

I thought the leagues were going to be there last night but I was wrong. it's tonight. That's good news though because it gives Randy Hansen at Big Dogs an extra day to do a little advertising that I'm doing this free seminar from 6:00 until midnight.

Players can come up to the table and i will show them how Perfect Aim works. Show them how to find their pool shooting dominant eye and show them how to tweak their aim once they know. It will kind of be like mini Perfect Aim lessons but alot of knowledge can be gained in this short little introduction.

These guys built one of the nicest poolhalls here in DesMoines that I've seen in the country. Plus they are working their butts off to keep this place going so players will have a great place to play.

I hope what i can do here will hopefully give them a little boost. If I can help the players here play a little better with Perfect aim maybe they will be even more addicted to this game and play even more. And I can't think of a nicer place to be than Big Dogs Billiards.

The place is going to be pretty full anyways with leagues but come on down and learn something. And I can honestly say that you just might learn the most important thing you ever learned since you've been playing pool.

Don't miss out. See ya there. Anyone that wants to improve their game.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene...It's in the same place it used to be, isn't it? They just remodeled the building...or maybe not. All I know is that it was closed the last time I was through there a few months ago. Have you met Mike Athens yet?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

These guys built one of the nicest poolhalls here in DesMoines that I've seen in the country. Plus they are working their butts off to keep this place going so players will have a great place to play.

I can't think of a nicer place to be than Big Dogs Billiards.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All New Building and Location..4510 E 14th st

Gene...It's in the same place it used to be, isn't it? They just remodeled the building...or maybe not. All I know is that it was closed the last time I was through there a few months ago. Have you met Mike Athens yet?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi there Scott,

These guys really did it up right. They really put some class back into pool in Iowa. The equipment in Perfect. The staff is great.

If I was a pool player in DesMoines this is my hangout for sure.

I don't know who the perfectionist is in this endevour but they left no stone unturned when making this place as nice as possible.

I worked with mike about 2 years ago. Good guy. Havn't seen him this trip though.

When you get down this way Scott you'll know what I mean. You just got to see it.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Hi there Scott,

These guys really did it up right. They really put some class back into pool in Iowa. The equipment in Perfect. The staff is great.

If I was a pool player in DesMoines this is my hangout for sure.

I don't know who the perfectionist is in this endevour but they left no stone unturned when making this place as nice as possible.

I worked with mike about 2 years ago. Good guy. Havn't seen him this trip though.

When you get down this way Scott you'll know what I mean. You just got to see it.

WOW! A post like this makes me want to add this pool room to my bucket list. At least I have crossed off Fargo Billiards and Gastropub from my list.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Dogs was packed...........

WOW! A post like this makes me want to add this pool room to my bucket list. At least I have crossed off Fargo Billiards and Gastropub from my list.

What fun that was last night. With the leagues and the tourny this place was packed. With a steady flow of players filling their cups with knowledge.

Looks like I will be here for a few more days. Too many lessons to do here at Big Dogs. Starting the first one at 1:00. Another at 5;00 and one at 8:00. Tomorrows pretty full also.

Might not make it to Davenport this weekend for the 10 ball tourny at Miller Time but this is important stuff right here. helping players play better than ever before.

I'll make sure they do. What fun.

No playing today for sure. But what fun.............

Time to go to work but if your doing something you love they say you never work a day in your life.

Guess what. They're RIGHT!!!!!!!!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Dogs was packed...........

What fun that was last night. With the leagues and the tourny this place was packed. With a steady flow of players filling their cups with knowledge.

Looks like I will be here for a few more days. Too many lessons to do here at Big Dogs. Starting the first one at 1:00. Another at 5;00 and one at 8:00. Tomorrows pretty full also.

Might not make it to Davenport this weekend for the 10 ball tourny at Miller Time but this is important stuff right here. helping players play better than ever before.

Time to go to work but if your doing something you love they say you never work a day in your life.

Guess what. They're RIGHT!!!!!!!! How can you not like pool?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Gene,
What I like about you besides your pool knowledge, your pool talent, (inate and earned) is your eternal optimism.

Don't forget about giving the other great pool lessons of tournament play and in one-on-one competition.

Gene likes to test himself against other players and while he's not getting any younger, you can find out where you stand on the pool hierarchy by competing against him in money matches or tournament play.

I remember someone mentioning to me about another pool player who was having some health issues. This guy played really well and one day one of the player's peers was whining about playing him and the player said, "Well, do you want to play me or do you want to just wait until I die?" That's a peculiar thing to say but it has sound meaning.

If Gene is passing through your town, you should belly up to the table like a man and test yourself against one of pool's senior citizens. Don't feel sorry for him either, just put your dough up and take your chances. Who knows, Gene might :help: your game out. ;)

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hello Geno,
How are you doing? Now down to business, when are you coming to New Orleans, Louisiana? I hope you are well now! And doing well as well. Did I use all of those wells? Yes I did. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun Geno.
Many Regards,
Lock n load.