Man playing as woman at APA nationals

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I just got back from APA nationals. One morning I come downstairs at like 6:30 am and there's this old frail lady on my elevator. The. I go outside to read and pass the time, she comes out and sits next to me and chain smokes. This morning on Facebook I see a post about a "woman" named Norma Posy who was playing in the woman's team event. An opponent was checking id's and noticed a M as the gender. She/he WAS STILL ALLOWED TO PLAY??!!
I have photos but I don't know how to post them. If anyone wants to post them give me your email and I will send them to you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2,878

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correction, the team was allowed to continue but Norma was disqualified. Wtf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 2,994

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the woman's team event you play 3 players whose handicaps add up to 13. Their 6 has played 6 times meaning they must have made it through 6 rounds which is very far in the tournament. So it looks like they were winning for sure.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since the teams only play 3 matches per round if one team wins the first two the match is over. Looks like Norma contributed to 3 of those wins. That sucks for the 3 teams he/she helped eliminate. That team and its members should be permanently banned. It's a woman's team event, unlike the coed team events they had to pay their own way out there and registration $. If my team was one of the three that got eliminated by this team I would be pissed.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Norm! Wow, the team should have been dq'd or at least prevented from having Norm -a play. Again, identifying as something you aren't is fantasy and completely different from what you actually are. Just wait , it won't be long before APA writes in some transgender bs and allows it to happen.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I believe this is going on in the top women players. Of course I can't prove it, so won't name names. Johnnyt

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are opponents allowed to check IDs? Y'all should be practicing and hitting balls instead of worrying about IDs so you can up that APA skill level

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golly!

I think the majority of America approves of this. They must, they keep voting those who promote this stuff into office.

What bath room did the he/she wanna be use?

Uni sex, if we were all the same sex and looked alike I think we would still cheat, steal, lie and fight.

I was born a guy, I like being a guy, I think I will stay a guy.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are opponents allowed to check IDs? Y'all should be practicing and hitting balls instead of worrying about IDs so you can up that APA skill level

or to rearrainge the words of your post......

Why arent opponents allowed to check...for balls

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
Two comments on this:

1) I used to play APA in San Diego and the League Ops there were awesome. Really cared about and catered to the players, paid back generously, promoted singles and alternate formats, and ran an honest ship.

2) San Diego is a city not unfamiliar with the LGBTQ community.

Is the Facebook post arguing about skill or gender identity?

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently California and Nevada state law prohibit discriminating against a person who is transgender from participating as a woman. His league operator has known the whole time. He should have informed the APA beforehand in my opinion.