Another day 1 Mosconi Cup Thread

The-Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me or does it look like Shane is simply having NO FUN. He looks miserable.... and its impossible to play at your top speed when you are in that state of mind. I think the younger guys are enjoying the experience and that elevates their play.

The Europeans seem to be enjoying themselves.... and this started way before the big lead.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Is it just me or does it look like Shane is simply having NO FUN. He looks miserable.... and its impossible to play at your top speed when you are in that state of mind. I think the younger guys are enjoying the experience and that elevates their play.

The Europeans seem to be enjoying themselves.... and this started way before the big lead.
Well maybe he needs to take more time on his shots and position rather than free stroking and driving balls into the rail. Earn a win and earn a smile.

Arete

Registered
I wouldn't compare anyone there to Skylar. He is just chill like no other there. He's the type who could go to sleep in a lions den.

SammyUtd

Registered
As I have tickets for Thursday and Friday, I found myself in the odd position of willing team USA to get some points on the board. I have waited all year for this, and now I fully expect it to be pretty much over tonight, I will be shocked if there is a 4th day.

Europe certainly got the rolls last night and I thought Dechaine was quite unlucky, and Appleton was there for the taking. Hope the young Americans will come out blazing, and, for the sake of the competition at least, go in 6-4, 7-3 going into day 3. Though, I could see Europe winning 4-1 tonight - hopefully Barry offers refunds for the Friday...

I love watching this event, and love watching 9 ball, I wish it was promoted and televised more in this country, especially as snooker seems to be on the wane.

A question for team USA fans, what's Earl up to nowadays? Surely he would have thrived in this atmosphere, given the fans some stick back and would have brought that fighting spirit, that, when I started watching this tournament many years ago, seemed to be the backbone for the all the great American teams.

There is nothing better than a close Mosconi, so for that reason, I hope USA cue a little better tonight (and get a few rolls).

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event is not his style

I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt wanna play Mosconi anymore!

I just don't think this format suites Shane. He grew up playing by himself and he developed on his own. His hearing deficiency has also focused him on individual efforts.

As much as he wants to win, he just doesn't look comfortable.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So's his partner, also JustinB. :smile:

Yeah, loved watching Justin and Sky yesterday, they play so well together. Those two are the future of the US Mosconi team right there. They are well suited to this style of play I think. Just look how they handled an Appleton/Shaw pairing! That would have been a dominant pairing in anyone's eyes....but not for Sky and Justin.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think Shane is miserable. He's focused. Besides, it's no fun losing.
I'm sure if Team U.S.A. were winning, there would be a smile on his face.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Other than jet lag, I think he might be in Visual Overload. The room/crowd/behavior/vibrations of the venue could easily distract his mind.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The secret is making earl the captain.