Who is the most honest Pro player?

Pangit

Banned
Simple question, calls his/her own fouls even when others don't notice, reputation beyond reproach, etc...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple question, calls his/her own fouls even when others don't notice, reputation beyond reproach, etc...

Ralf Souquet.

srb5k.jpg

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can speak for Europe - there are several euro pros who can be chosen as a role models, but Ralf Souquet is probably the one who comes to your mind first as a perfect gentleman on and off the table, very humble and approachable both in victory and defeat. :smile:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Sadly , the list is not as long as it should be!

Kd

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ll add Tommy Kennedy to the list. I’d let him hold my wallet.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Honest player

At the first IPT qualifier, which was held at Derby City Classic (around 2008)?—— George Breedlove was playing for the win, and I think a spot on the upcoming tour.

He touched a ball and determined it was a foul and called it on himself. Nobody saw it. No one knew except himself. This was a huge statement on his moral Fibre- he lost the match.
Mark griffin

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And perhaps the ipt was doomed....
And boners ball born.
At the first IPT qualifier, which was held at Derby City Classic (around 2008)?—— George Breedlove was playing for the win, and I think a spot on the upcoming tour.

He touched a ball and determined it was a foul and called it on himself. Nobody saw it. No one knew except himself. This was a huge statement on his moral Fibre- he lost the match.
Mark griffin

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In snooker, Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan.

In snooker its every player.

If a player is deemed to have not called a foul (e.g. accidentally feathering the cue ball) there are endless replays, debates and plenty of chat...because its so rare.

Tbh maybe the culture is different in the US, but in Europe it is expected that you call your own fouls in pool too, it would be rare for a player to knowingly foul and not point it out.

Not to say it never happens, but its pretty rare.

I assumed it would be the same in the US, i.e. players may genuinely not realise they've feathered the cue ball or something, but wouldn't deliberately not call a foul.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For me it has to be Earl the Pearl, he may not call fault on himself but if someone does it on him, he will immediately show you that it was a right call, by slamming his cue stick to the floor :D

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll add Tommy Kennedy to the list. I’d let him hold my wallet.

Tommy is the first name that came to me. He's no different now as he was 30 years when he came into town to play straight pool in the room where I worked.