Full-splice cues

Rhino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I was wondering how hard it is to make a full-splice cue, if they are more expensive than a half-splice, and who are the better cue-makers that make full-splice player's cues??? Thanks in advance for the input.

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do a search- there are a few threads on all your questions already. Cost always depends on the builder. There are threads about construction and others listing full-splice cuemakers. Darrin Hill even has a "how-to" thread on here.

Rhino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool, thanks. I'll take a look into that. I guess what I'm wanting to find out is who makes the cleanest-looking, stiffest-hitting full-splice cue??

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Darrin Hill
Ed Prewitt
Jerry -R-
John Davis
Joel Hercek<---probably would have to buy secondhand...unless you don't mind waiting a decade or so...There's also been a lot of positive talk about John Nemic out of Dallas...

Hit is going to be completely subjective...yawn LOL...
Jerry's seem to be the most reasonably priced, and his work is usually flawless... For me, it would be between Prewitt and Jerry -R-.

Rhino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks guys. By the way, I had heard that Andy Gilbert makes pretty nice full-splice cue too. Is that right??

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn

For your needs Jerry Rauenzahn makes a very sweet Full Splice cue and when he gives you an ETA on completion of the cue it will be done. His bottom points come to points and he is decent to work with. Travis makes sweet cues as well as does Joel but as said you will pay big $$$$ for a Hercek and probably have to be on the secondary market. The down side of Jerry Rauenzahn's cues is that at least on here they don't turn over fast. Jerry was amking cues when Gus was alive so he isnt new to the game. If you research him here you can find out more.