Which Kamui for Predator 314-3?

Dexen

Registered
I have heard nothing but bad things about the Predator Victory tip. I was wondering in your guys opinion which would be the best Kamui to replace it with. I was thinking about getting a Medium Clear or Soft Clear. Advice I have read was that you should probably get a medium with a LD shaft.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree on going with medium. I like the firm hit and feel of absolute control of that sharp hit it gives (imo.)

I have a medium on all my playing shafts and my fiancee plays with a soft Kamui Clear on her 314'3. She likes the softer tip but I prefer a medium with my 314'2 and all other LD's. Its a preference thing really.
The fact is that they are both great tips, go with the one that is closer to what you are used to playing with as you just cant go wrong with the Original (brown) Kamuis.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
I normally do Chris Robinson's(USA junior national champion) tips. He normally burns through them like crazy. I put a blonde medium clear on it for him and, after a short assimilation period, he never wants to replace it. Before he was a med black normal/clear. I think I did a soft for him and he didn't like it.

Dexen

Registered
I decided to give the Victory tip a fair chance. I hit with it a bit and had no complaints. So for now I saved myself some money and i'm happy with the stick tip.

Thanks for the replies.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I decided to give the Victory tip a fair chance. I hit with it a bit and had no complaints. So for now I saved myself some money and i'm happy with the stick tip.

Thanks for the replies.

I've lost count years ago of all the new tips I've cut off and replaced. Just last week a guy purchased a new Lucasi, had me order new tips with it, cut the factory tip off and installed the new tips. 3 days latter he's complaining of the tips miscuing, glazing over after a few games and not having the hit he liked. I ask him what he wanted in the hit, he explained what he wanted, I installed him a new tip and he's happy as a clam. Side note; I installed the same tip he had me cut off originally. Brian.