Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Junior norris open

2016 JR NORRIS OPEN.jpg//////////////////////////

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Junior norris

Here is a diagram of the building and playing area.

40,000 square feet with 40 Valley Tables with RED circle cue balls.

Tables will be OPEN.

PoolActionTV.com will be streaming two tables during the event.

2016 JR NORRIS SITE PLAN.jpg

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Let me answer some questions that some have asked.

This tournament was started to Celebrate Juniors birthday so Junior could watch some great pool matches. Junior was one of the true gentleman of the game and helped a lot of people improve their skills in the area. He was know as the Texas Legend.

The $30 dollars is for paying for the 40 Valley tables being brought in for play. The tables will be open from 12 noon Thursday til 2am for play and will remain open the entire tournament, no quarters or tokens needed.

Contrary to what people have said that the directors are taking money is false, we are doing this to promote the game and not taking one penny out of the pot. A lot of helpful people are donating their time to make this event a great success.

Junior Norris was an old school player and this is the reason for the rules that they played under. NO jump cues, opponent racks so the nine goes in any pocket is a win, it will be alternate breaks the only rule change from the past, 3 foul rule is in effect and must warn your opponent they are on 2, and cue ball fouls only. Texas Express Rules in general.

A lot of the top names in the game today have paid their entries and looking forward to the event. As I stated above it was started on Juniors birthday and will continue around the same time period annually. The event is growing and getting a lot of responses as to next year.

Sherri Glenn has worked her bones off promoting this event with little help from the industry. Some are asking about next year but, we will will not cut throat anyone one that has helped promote this years event and take away form the players. We will not take from the players to pay someone to make money off you the player. This is a players event and will continue to be in the honor of Junior Norris. Next year we are looking into being part of the Mosconi Cup with more added money.

If you have any question please ask, we want to answer all questions and make everything as simple and enjoyable for the players and spectators.

Thanks,
Charlie Smith

Last edited:

mapman72

Races?

What are the races? I didn't see it in the flyer. It looks like it will be a great event. I hate the opponent racking but I can understand it because it's honoring an old school fella.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Open race to 9 both sides and the ladies race to 7 both sides.Not many tournament race to 9 anymore and most reduce the one loss side. We want to see good players play at top levels.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Send entries now or miss out.

Thing are coming together for this tournament. Go to http://juniornorris.com/ an see the tables being set up yesterday and today. At last count I was told there are over 140 paid OPEN entrants and the ladies are close to full at 64. I expect it to fill up by the 23rd with 192 OPEN players and 64 ladies. Some top pro's are paid and some the top nations players are also. Also the players action is expected to be very good pay back.

We are getting feed back from some top billiard industry sponsors for next year. One major sponsor has committed for next year. We will not release their name at this time. This tournament is going to grow with more sponsorship's and pay backs.

Sherri Glenn has worked her tail off organizing and getting sponsors for this tournament.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Just got a phone call that Mr. Calcutta (Charlie Brown) and a few more buyers will be at the tournament.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Open Division

Tournament paid 32 places

1st CHASE RUDDER HOUSTON TX
2nd ALEX OLINGER KETTERING OH
3rd TONY SULSAR BELLS TX
4th SAM MANAOLE SAN ANTONIO TX
5th - 6th JEFF MELTON COOKSON OK
5th - 6th KEVIN GUIMOND HUTTO TX
7th - 8th MANNY CHAU SAN ANTONIO TX
7th - 8th MARK DEMMICK OK CITY OK
9th - 12th DANNY WILLIAMS ARLINGTON TX
9th - 12th JOHN LASSEK KATY TX
9th - 12th JON GILES MILWAUKEE WI
9th - 12th WAYNE SENN SAN ANTONIO TX
13th - 16th DAVE FAVER FORT WORTH TX
13th - 16th MIKE MASSEY EVERYWHERE USA
13th - 16th ROBERT EATON BOERNE TX
13th - 16th TERRY YOUNG WICHITA KS
17th - 24th CJ WILEY DALLAS TX
17th - 24th DALE GARRETT AMARILLO TX
17th - 24th DAVID DONALDSON WICHITA FALLS TX
17th - 24th JEREMY FREEMAN CLAREMORE OK
17th - 24th LANCE ROBERTSON WICHITA FALLS TX
17th - 24th TOMMY TOKOPH ALBUQUERQUE NM
17th - 24th TONY GARCIA OK CITY OK
17th - 24th WAYNE MUNNERLYN LAWTON OK
25th - 32nd DONNIE LEORNAS BURKBURNETT TX
25th - 32nd GAIL EATON BOERNE TX
25th - 32nd JESSE JAMES BARTLESVILLE OK
25th - 32nd JIMMY KRONE PFLUGERVILLE TX
25th - 32nd MAX ADAMS FAIRBANKS AK
25th - 32nd MIKE THOMAS ARDMORE OK
25th - 32nd PAT SOTO LUBBOCK TX
25th - 32nd T.J. CAREW BURKBURNETT TX

See this link for brackets: https://compusport.us/CS/GeneralSearch/Index/3219?callFromHomePage=True

Last edited:

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Open 2nd chance

Paid 4 places

1st ERIC AICINENA SAN ANTONIO TX
2nd ROBERT NEWKIRK WEATHERFORD TX
3rd - 4th ERIC ROBERTS CROSSVILLE TN
3rd - 4th JIMMY KRONE PFLUGERVILLE TX

Last edited: