One Pocket ?

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Is it legal after your opponent scratches to place Q in the jaws of the pocket and take a foul? (I think not ) but was told this is the rule
I know in 14.1 the Q must pass the headstring to be a legal shot.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it legal after your opponent scratches to place Q in the jaws of the pocket and take a foul? (I think not ) but was told this is the rule

Did you make a legal stroke to hook him in the jaws?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Did you make a legal stroke to hook him in the jaws?

when you have the cue ball "in the kitchen"
if you stroke the cue ball it had to make a ball or the object ball or cue ball has to hit Rail
if not not its a foul

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If it's ball in hand, then you have to shoot from the kitchen and the CB has to cross the head string (or contact a ball that's across the head string).

pj
chgo

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I think it not permitted.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are not permitted to corner hook your opponent after a scratch like that. If it was permitted you would see it every five games or so.

The cue ball remains in hand until you drive it over the line. If you have ball in hand behind the line and you tap it on your warmup strokes but don't drive it over the line, it's your opponent's shot with ball in hand behind the line.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes, to fully express discontent for unsportsmanlike conduct, other than calling foul, you have to force the opponent's head into the side pocket, in such a violent manner as to cause facial bleeding. Then, they tend to get it. "Here...(bam)....I just corner hooked you behind the point of the side pocket....oh and you're on one now." Actions always speak louder than words.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see any reason why someone would do that. How would it benefit you to take a foul if you already have ball in hand?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Possibly three fouling him for the win.
Or, if you're not playing three fouls, maybe he scratched needing one, and by getting him to foul again from the corner hook he will be needing three.

Or, if you're playing straight pool, and he scratched for two in a row....

In any case, the corner hook by ball-in-hand placement is not part of any pool game.

In addition, if you happen to be in the jaws but not frozen, it is not allowed to jam the cue ball against the jaw and hold it there for the freeze. Such "trapping" is explicitly forbidden by the rules at onepocket.org. To get the freeze, you have to play a soft, normal stroke with no double hit. See Rule 6.6 at http://www.onepocket.org/official-one-pocket-rules/

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or, if you're not playing three fouls, maybe he scratched needing one, and by getting him to foul again from the corner hook he will be needing three.

Or, if you're playing straight pool, and he scratched for two in a row....

In any case, the corner hook by ball-in-hand placement is not part of any pool game.

In addition, if you happen to be in the jaws but not frozen, it is not allowed to jam the cue ball against the jaw and hold it there for the freeze. Such "trapping" is explicitly forbidden by the rules at onepocket.org. To get the freeze, you have to play a soft, normal stroke with no double hit. See Rule 6.6 at http://www.onepocket.org/official-one-pocket-rules/

Even on a tight table you’ll have 1.5” to stroke the ball from one facing to the other without trapping the cue ball.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Even on a tight table you’ll have 1.5” to stroke the ball from one facing to the other without trapping the cue ball.
True, but most people don't have the touch to move the ball an inch or so to freeze on the facing.