80's "Chem" Players & "Mexican" Ron Rosas discussed on The Troubled Men Podcast!

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bring this to show you along with my UPA, BCA and APA patches :)

picture.php

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had some runs as good as those, in fields like that...I’d be proud too.
Doesn’t matter how long ago it was.

Times won’t ever change...young guns always need to prove
Themselves or knock someone else down to feel strong.

Td

MalibuMike

Banned
OMG! What a sweet soul! ]

I'll bring this to show you along with my UPA, BCA and APA patches :)

picture.php

I'm glad some others who know about the game chimed in!
The whole time you new him when he was a big pro and you were on the sidelines asking him favors! He was kind enough to give you his Autograph!
I know rons whole story and its a miracle he is still around and loved by his real peers! This is just a small sample of the 20 year career, I helped him with his Facebook Account and the poor has to walk to the library to see some schmuck who thinks he's Doc Holiday in Tombstone. Perhaps who should see an earlier film, Intolerance! D.W. Griffith's epic film which intercuts between four separate stories about man's inhumanity to man. Ron was excited to hear his name on a Podcast! Hooray! A positive moment in a struggling life of bad breaks! And you,His Family knock him down! Way to go Pool Hustler, he is wondering what did tomake everyone hate him! I will see him this weekend, and if you are serious about playing a money game with Ron Rosas,You send your # Huckleberry!LOL the reason he didnt tour was because he was a big cash player around the time of The Color of Money, and he didn't want to get too well known like his pal Keith& Earl, He will take you for every cent you got and more! Will be waiting for that PM!Send it to me as Ron was pretty tore up about his excited post being shit on by nobodies!
Ron also helped with Billiards Benefits for the Nights of Columbus,,, Check it out a warm man! https://www.facebook.com/8ball4charity/

Attachments

• ron.jpg
    ron.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 410
  • 10330445_743076949106868_5632205928075278360_n.jpg
    10330445_743076949106868_5632205928075278360_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 415
  • 1621778_602997059781525_1226958018_n.jpg
    1621778_602997059781525_1226958018_n.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 1940007_605796639501567_712397862_o.jpg
    1940007_605796639501567_712397862_o.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 412

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the images are a little oversized and his posting style is unique but what does that matter in the great scheme of things?

The man could and still probably can play one heck of a game of pool and he's justifiably proud of that - after all isn't this a pool forum?

Someone wants to make a game with him, then PM or get his number and call him - come back on here and let us know how it went - either you beat him or he beat you.

I couldn't beat Buddy in his prime - don't know many people who could - the fact that he did tells me what I need to know about he played and that's enough for me - I'm not judging the man on anything else - don't need to as this is about pool and pool alone.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron Rosas / Mr. Malibu Mike ….

First of all I never bashed Ron Rosas. I simply asked him if there was any 1P action where he plays and stated I would like play him some 1P. I apologize if it appeared that I was bashing Ron.

Ron is the one who went off and started talking shit.

Go back and read the post his post… I’ll wait….

Great, now that you have read it you see that I never said a disparaging word to him. Right?

So now let me tell you the rest of it.

I know Ron, I knew Ron’s mother. I took lessons from Ron and paid him more than the lesson was worth to help him out and gave him a tip. I even drove to his house and back from the lessons. I picked him up off the sidewalk when he was so wasted out of his mind he couldn’t even walk - more than once. He is the one who gave me that Program with his signatures on it and I thanked him for it profusely.

I know what a great player he was and I do know that he is still a damn good player.

I simply and was seriously interested in playing him some pool, donating some money to him again, because I know I can’t beat him … even today. I thought it would be fun to see an old friend and bang some balls.

But I have seriously lost any interest in playing him any pool.….

Have a good one.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ron Rosas / Mr. Malibu Mike ….

First of all I never bashed Ron Rosas. I simply asked him if there was any 1P action where he plays and stated I would like play him some 1P. I apologize if it appeared that I was bashing Ron.

Ron is the one who went off and started talking shit.

Go back and read the post his post… I’ll wait….

Great, now that you have read it you see that I never said a disparaging word to him. Right?

So now let me tell you the rest of it.

I know Ron, I knew Ron’s mother. I took lessons from Ron and paid him more than the lesson was worth to help him out and gave him a tip. I even drove to his house and back from the lessons. I picked him up off the sidewalk when he was so wasted out of his mind he couldn’t even walk - more than once. He is the one who gave me that Program with his signatures on it and I thanked him for it profusely.

I know what a great player he was and I do know that he is still a damn good player.

I simply and was seriously interested in playing him some pool, donating some money to him again, because I know I can’t beat him … even today. I thought it would be fun to see an old friend and bang some balls.

But I have seriously lost any interest in playing him any pool.….

Have a good one.

Pretty much how it came across to me (and I am sure most people). You told him you would play him some one pocket. Then Ron was pretty disrespectful in his response.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It remains bizarre to me that so many grown men in this world who frittered and wasted their hours in an offhand way(;)) have such a proverbial chip on the shoulder, that they lash out at any interaction that doesn't jive with what they wanted.

I got an acquaintance who is a world champion at a bike racing discipline. Fookin WORLD CHAMPION. Never learned anything other than going fast and it shows.

So you can draw your rock or ride a wheelie or surf a wave? It isn't really that special.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It remains bizarre to me that so many grown men in this world who frittered and wasted their hours in an offhand way(;)) have such a proverbial chip on the shoulder, that they lash out at any interaction that doesn't jive with what they wanted.

I got an acquaintance who is a world champion at a bike racing discipline. Fookin WORLD CHAMPION. Never learned anything other than going fast and it shows.

So you can draw your rock or ride a wheelie or surf a wave? It isn't really that special.

A need for attention is a desperate act to justify one’s existence.
....it’s a good day when you discover that you don’t have to justify your existence.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Az to me is kind of a virtual locker room for pool.
Sometimes words written online dont come with
context and perspective the way they do in real life.
I thought ron was doing a shtick, kind of like
the way C.J. did when he posted here.
Most of his posts are I'm the greatest, followed by
the exact same pictures.
I thought he was trolling us.
My intent was just busting balls, like if
your buddy wore his letterman jacket to
a Saturday round of golf, in his 40s.

I didnt mean to kick a guy when hes down
or make light of someone who has serious
substance abuse problems.

If your feelings were hurt Ron I am sincerely
sorry. I hope things get better for you in
the future. Its never too late.
I wish you the best.

Last edited:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to see this thread go so far sideways. Sometimes when someone makes a post it doesn't quite come off as intended.

Take the post by poolhustler. I know him and no way would he ever say something to embarrass anyone. And maybe Ron misunderstood what poolhustler was saying.

Ron Rosas had as much game as anyone and I'm sure he still has plenty left to deal with anyone. Back in the eighties when there was a monthly tournament in Sherman Oaks that ever top player in the Los Angeles played in. Ron won so regular that they eventually put him with a two game handicap in a race to seven single elimination format. And he still continued to win pretty regularly.

Ron and I were fairly close in those days but only in the pool environment. I remember him as a very humble and courteous individual but as we travel through life we sometimes don't make all the right choices.
I'm also friends with MalibuMike and know him as a great ambassador for pool. I know that he is good friends with Ron and is concerned with Ron's well being.

And for those with negative words about Ron please consider that you could be walking in his shoes Except for the grace of god.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm sorry to see this thread go so far sideways. Sometimes when someone makes a post it doesn't quite come off as intended.

Take the post by poolhustler. I know him and no way would he ever say something to embarrass anyone. And maybe Ron misunderstood what poolhustler was saying.

Ron Rosas had as much game as anyone and I'm sure he still has plenty left to deal with anyone. Back in the eighties when there was a monthly tournament in Sherman Oaks that ever top player in the Los Angeles played in. Ron won so regular that they eventually put him with a two game handicap in a race to seven single elimination format. And he still continued to win pretty regularly.

Ron and I were fairly close in those days but only in the pool environment. I remember him as a very humble and courteous individual but as we travel through life we sometimes don't make all the right choices.
I'm also friends with MalibuMike and know him as a great ambassador for pool. I know that he is good friends with Ron and is concerned with Ron's well being.

And for those with negative words about Ron please consider that you could be walking in his shoes Except for the grace of god.

And THAT’S why we wish you’d post more often, sir...cleared a few things up.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you Frank … love you buddy!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Ron, I last saw you at Plush Pocket a few years ago. The Pilot wants some 1P action on my next trip to Van Nuys. Next time I’ll skip my beating in Ventura and come see you.

MalibuMike

Banned
Bless You Frank!

I don't know many folks on here but I know and respect you,and if I lashed out at anyone it was only because, my friends feeling were hurt when I talked to him. He said he cancelled his account on here and I was upset for as it looks like some of you know Ron doesn't have a whole lot going on right now. his Mom passed away about 5 years ago and I see him less and less. And though I am just a fan I have know many players who have devoted thier entire lives to this game pass away unnoticed or even shunned like Cecil Tugwell or Dave The Underdog. (Although dave had a loving family, and that means everything!) Last Time I saw Cecil he was on his bicycle banned from Hard Times. (Probably for good reason) This game is tough on its players, the only soft hand you get is when you are being lowered down... I treat all the players I know with respect as there is not much money in the game.
Once again sorry if I caused any bad feelings.
My apologies and I will talk to Ron.