Some Members We've Lost

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crawfish had some great posts.

George Fels made my day when he replied to one of my threads.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
What happened to Smokey?

Smokey seems to have disappeared while I was gone. A good guy, very passionate. Sometimes he was barking up the wrong tree but he always had a heart of gold.

A few more MIA but most I was thinking of are already mentioned. Not counting my friend Edwin Reyes. A great cue builder and a great person. I miss him often.

Where is Williebetmore? Anyone remember his and Breakup's trash talking for months leading up to an epic match-up for a thousand jellybeans? When Willie won he counted Breakup's jelly beans and found he had been stiffed for around thirty jellybeans best I recall. That led to a burning down on the forum! Of course it was all in fun. Hopefully things are fine in the Betmore basement.

Hal Houle has been mentioned but few realize just what a loss he was. His aiming systems were one thing, however he also had first hand knowledge of pool players from Ralph Greenleaf on. When I called him the first time he had a rare case of lockjaw about his aiming systems, frustrated about getting savaged on AZB. Instead he regaled me with over two hours of hilarious stories. I called again just to listen to more stories.

We are losing our connections to the past. Soon there will be nobody with first hand knowledge of some of the most epic times and places in pool.

Hu

JC

Coos Cues
Folks:

While this thread brings back some memories, another one (memory) was jogged that reminded me this thread may be redundant.

You DO know that we have an AZB Hall of Fame for those members we've lost, right?

Here it is:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

If you want to navigate to it manually:
Main Category -> AZB Hall of Fame

Many of the members mentioned are remembered here, and in the cases of those not, *should* be remembered there. Additionally, I vote that for those that really had an impact here, that their memberships be color-changed to denote they are no longer with us, as is the case with Smorg. (His screenname / avatar / profile always appears in a different color here on these forums.)

-Sean

Not all members gone are hall of fame material by your standards and this thread is to include them too.

Speaking of which, I wonder and worry about Cuejoey

JC

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I was reading KC's (excellent) original post in the thread, and saw Neil mentioned.

How did I miss his passing? I knew he was in poor health...that makes me very sad. I didn't always agree with him (often I didn't) but I enjoyed his posts. He was very active here when I joined. I especially enjoyed his "What Would You Do?" series of posts.

He was very helpful to new players who posted back in those days, as well.

Very sad...

***edit*** found the thread.... https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=470434&highlight=Neil

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Not all members gone are hall of fame material by your standards and this thread is to include them too.

JC

Yeah, I wonder about Cuejoey....just MIA, I hope.
His posts tended to be terse....often just emoticons...but we had some good PMs.
How can anybody be fond of an avatar on Az?...but I am....of a whole bunch.

If he sees this, he’ll crack up.......

277312A0-F80F-461E-A1F5-AFD4B88C0FCF.jpeg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Let's not overlook a very frequent and very good poster in these AZB parts, Blud. Leonard Bludworth, who died just a couple of months ago, is greatly missed.

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of good folks left us too soon.

Chad Pollman aka BigNasty. Some will remember Chad as being one of the founders of TAR (The Action Report). Chad was a friend of mine and truly a unique guy. Passed away in June of 2012.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
A pro who had his own forum here on AZB, George "Ginky" SanSouci is another we've lost. He was just 39 when he passed in 2011.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
for all AZB'ers I believe

JC

I realize this is an old post but just to clarify for those in doubt, I believe the AZB Hall of Fame is the same as "In Memoriam" other places. People posted about are supposed to have posted on AZB at one time or another and be deceased. Anyone missing a former poster that has died should feel free to post their thoughts about the poster and encourage others to even if the poster's main claim to fame was running three balls in a row at Shakey Jake's Bar, Grill, and Moonshine Still off in the piney woods somewhere!

Hu

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of good folks left us too soon.

Chad Pollman aka BigNasty. Some will remember Chad as being one of the founders of TAR (The Action Report). Chad was a friend of mine and truly a unique guy. Passed away in June of 2012.

Chad was a good guy. I really liked him. RIP