Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 52% of teachers do not know they can leave the unions
Page 4 of 9 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-27-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
Wow! That teacher sucked! I bet most teachers suck!
That text sucked! I bet most texts suck.
I've seen the textbooks they're using in schools in our area. Haven't noticed what you're saying.
Switch colleges.
My wife and I have had some terrible doctors lately. But I bet all doctors don't suck. I try not to make sweeping generalizations. It doesn't seem intelligent.
I try not to be so reactionary...but you seem to wear it well.

What sweeping generalizations? I am only saying what I have seen.

You don't see it in the text books?

It's very easy to explain. You buy it. You are part of it. You agree with it. Hence it looks normal to you.

Why would my daughter switch colleges when the same classes are offered at other colleges using the exact same text books?

I am also betting that your judgement of the doctors is probably poor. Judging from your various posts here, you're probably a terrible patient.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#47)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
I try not to be so reactionary...but you seem to wear it well.

What sweeping generalizations? I am only saying what I have seen.

You don't see it in the text books?

It's very easy to explain. You buy it. You are part of it. You agree with it. Hence it looks normal to you.

Why would my daughter switch colleges when the same classes are offered at other colleges using the exact same text books?

I am also betting that your judgement of the doctors is probably poor. Judging from your various posts here, you're probably a terrible patient.

I apologize. It's just that when I see judgement posts based on sweeping generalizations it brings out the cynic in me and since I have seen many folks judge the medical profession based on one or two bad experiences, I figured you would be intelligent enough to grasp my point of how foolish I felt your pronouncements were based on the few examples you posted.
I find it interesting that from time to time you read my answers and can't believe I was smart enough to ever be a teacher, and I read your answers and can't believe you were smart enough to ever be a doctor. Obviously, one, or both of us, lose something in the translation.

God bless each and every one of you

Last edited by tom haney; 06-27-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Old
  (#48)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 08:57 AM

One doesn't have to be smart to be a teacher. I passed my certifications.

Quote:
I apologize. It's just that when I see judgement posts based on sweeping generalizations it brings out the cynic in me and since I have seen many folks judge the medical profession based on one or two bad experiences, I figured you would be intelligent enough to grasp my point of how foolish I felt your pronouncements were based on the few examples you posted.
I find it interesting that from time to time you read my answers and can' believe I was smart enough to ever be a teacher, and I read your answers and can't believe you were smart enough to ever be a doctor. Obviously, one, or both of us, lose something in the translation.

Old
  (#49)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post

Parties wishing to teach should reconsider the union aspect
of their jobs and drop membership. Focus on their craft
and those 5% to 25% who are incompetent will be squeezed
out of the trade. Incompetents hold back everything. Recognition,
pay, self satisfaction and well being. Being a professional is
due a better class of instructors.

Same thing for most all occupations....... a union will hold back the most skilled and ambitious workers........while allowing the slackers and underperforming individuals a free ride. It's how the union is designed to work.......to be a believer in unions, you must make the assumption that all members are equal performers (you and I both know this to be false).

Over the years, I've tried to explain this to union members......that if they are in the top tier of their particular craft, they are much better off with a nonunion job. Let the free market, rather than the union, dictate your compensation. Always falls on deaf ears.....too brainwashed by the union propaganda I guess.

Last edited by mr5994; 06-27-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Old
  (#50)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
Same thing for most all occupations....... a union will hold back the most skilled and
ambitious workers........while allowing the slackers and underperforming individuals a
free ride. It's how the union is designed to work.......to be a believer in unions, you
must make the assumption that all members are equal performers (you and I both
know this to be false).

Over the years, I've tried to explain this to union members......that if they are in the
top tier of their particular craft, they are much better off with a nonunion job. Let the
free market, rather than the union, dictate your compensation. Always falls on deaf
ears.....too brainwashed by the union propaganda I guess.
I belonged to unions in my childhood.
Teamsters, Steel Workers, Shipbuilding. C&O Railroad.

I left that all behind at about age 25.

Old
  (#51)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
One doesn't have to be smart to be a teacher.
Very true.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#52)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Wow! That teacher sucked! I bet most teachers suck!
That text sucked! I bet most texts suck.
I've seen the textbooks they're using in schools in our area. Haven't noticed what you're saying.
Switch colleges.
My wife and I have had some terrible doctors lately. But I bet all doctors don't suck. I try not to make sweeping generalizations. It doesn't seem intelligent.
Tom, we're all going to need to go in together and get you a halo. As of late, you seem to have risen above the rest of us. You seem to have a glow these days.

Old
  (#53)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
One doesn't have to be smart to be a teacher. I passed my certifications.
No argument from me! Your posts are proof enough!

Old
  (#54)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Same thing for most all occupations....... a union will hold back the most skilled and ambitious workers........while allowing the slackers and underperforming individuals a free ride. It's how the union is designed to work.......to be a believer in unions, you must make the assumption that all members are equal performers (you and I both know this to be false).

Over the years, I've tried to explain this to union members......that if they are in the top tier of their particular craft, they are much better off with a nonunion job. Let the free market, rather than the union, dictate your compensation. Always falls on deaf ears.....too brainwashed by the union propaganda I guess.
Here' s what I remember from my union. They fought tooth and nail for the raises we received in WV. I assumed they would have my back if I was unjustly harassed or fired.
I retired before that happened. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Old
  (#55)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
Tom, we're all going to need to go in together and get you a halo. As of late, you seem to have risen above the rest of us. You seem to have a glow these days.
I try to make a few points. it seems like the same posters always criticize those points. Other than you and Dave , the rest I have had on ignore for some time for losing their temper over something I said and cussing me out or, in one case, making a vulgar accusation. I try to keep in mind who keeps telling me to lighten up to keep those "wise suggestions" in perspective.

Old
  (#56)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Here' s what I remember from my union. They fought tooth and nail for the raises we received in WV. I assumed they would have my back if I was unjustly harassed or fired.
It's actually exactly what I expected to hear. So in other words the union coerced your employer (the school district) to pay you more money. The school board agreed (because...hey, it's not coming out of their pocket).....meanwhile the folks paying the bill (tax payers) had no say in the matter.

This is why unions (particularly public sector unions) are immoral. Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Old
  (#57)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
It's actually exactly what I expected to hear. So in other words the union coerced your employer (the school district) to pay you more money. The school board agreed (because...hey, it's not coming out of their pocket).....meanwhile the folks paying the bill (tax payers) had no say in the matter.

This is why unions (particularly public sector unions) are immoral. Thanks for helping me prove my point.
Nope. Wrong again. Not how it works in WV. Our raises come from the state legislators.
The unions are in Charleston fighting those cheap bas*ards for what little raises we receive every 4 years or so.
Most taxpayers in WV and many Democrats support teachers. The Republican politicians feel the way the majority on AZ do and fight any raises or progress.

Old
  (#58)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
You fail to mention they would "have your back" if you were justly accused and terminated as well.

Lots of teachers sitting in rooms with no students that should be fired but can't be because the union "has their back", so they just pay them to show up and sit there.

Well known problem. Yet, you don't mention it.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#59)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 11:23 AM

In North Carolina, a person can start teaching BEFORE they pass their certification. Over 2,000 teachers failed the math portion and were given 2 years to pass it. Most failed again and again. Time is up. They post on FB and other places about how unfair it is for them to have to pass a really, really hard test. Please . . . They argue that they don't need to be proficient in math to teach. The solution is to lower the standard. Either get a new test or waive them in. Thanks unions. So what did the unions and these new teachers do? They went on strike for a day as a protest to get more money. They seriously argue that they deserve more money for lower qualifications. They get it too, because it's for the kids. How do our schools rank in the world? I wonder why? It's a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
You fail to mention they would "have your back" if you were justly accused and terminated as well.

Lots of teachers sitting in rooms with no students that should be fired but can't be because the union "has their back", so they just pay them to show up and sit there.

Well known problem. Yet, you don't mention it.

Old
  (#60)
M.G.
AzB Silver Member
M.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2019, 11:34 AM

why would you LEAVE a union?
It's like, why would you get rid of your own BLOOD?

Page 4 of 9 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: