Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 52% of teachers do not know they can leave the unions
Page 2 of 9 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-25-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
In West Virginia, the Republicans are trying to pass a law making it illegal for teachers to strike. When 100% of the counties go on strike because of this law, and those idiots fire every single teacher in the state.......
They should be fired if they won't do the job they were hired to do. That's what my boss would do if I tried to pull that crap.

Old
  (#17)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Are you telling us that your boss won't let you refuse to work while demanding more money and benefits from him after you agreed to the current salary and benefits? He must be a capitalist and a conservative. I hope he's at least installed a safe space area for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
They should be fired if they won't do the job they were hired to do. That's what my boss would do if I tried to pull that crap.

Old
  (#18)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
OK, then, no need to "correct" me. Actually, all you've ever really said is that I'm wrong and public education is great, especially in WV.
No, Alan, I've addressed all those issues ad nauseum.
The only response has ever been I'm wrong and public education sucks.
I've even conceded that schools in larger cities may suck and unions vary from state to state, have discussed differences, fallacies, mis-conceptions. Not what they want to hear on here.
Every time I swear never again.
My posts are all over education sucks threads. I'm not going to dig them up. Accept what I'm saying or not.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#19)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 12:22 PM

Hmmm. You are giving me a choice . . . I'll pick not. I love being given a choice. We should try that in our schools.

Quote:
No, Alan, I've addressed all those issues ad nauseum.
The only response has ever been I'm wrong and public education sucks.
I've even conceded that schools in larger cities may suck and unions vary from state to state, have discussed differences, fallacies, mis-conceptions. Not what they want to hear on here.
Every time I swear never again.
My posts are all over education sucks threads. I'm not going to dig them up. Accept what I'm saying or not.

Old
  (#20)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
I agree with you. There's tens of thousands of QUALIFIED teachers just itching to fill their jobs and make the big bucks!
No? Well then close all the schools down and let crack momma prep her kids in trig and physics.
Just think, if you were the man running the schools you could retire early. Once everyone is fired, "School's out for summer! School's out for good!"

Old
  (#21)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Hmmm. You are giving me a choice . . . I'll pick not. I love being given a choice. We should try that in our schools.
No problem. I've been called a liar before.

Old
  (#22)
Alan
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
No problem. I've been called a liar before.
I didn't call you a liar, but you already know that. If I thought you were a liar, I'd tell you. I chose not to accept your explanation or reasons. You are welcome to have your opinion and I will keep mine until I here better solutions. Neither you nor I will fix or change our education system. I will continue to believe and hold the opinion that things like school choice and appropriate home schooling are good things.

Old
  (#23)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I was told they could be men if they want to.

And vise versa. I need an aspirin.
No.
They only think they can.
Then they realize that they cant handle it.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#24)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
In West Virginia, the Republicans are trying to pass a law making it illegal for teachers to strike. When 100% of the counties go on strike because of this law, and those idiots fire every single teacher in the state, they'll be so proud that all the schools in WV are closed . Perhaps those morons will teach for what the teachers make in WV. Yeah, right.
I imagine our teachers could pass the test. The politicians wouldn't know where to begin.
But the question is.
Would education in WV actually suffer?

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#25)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I didn't call you a liar, but you already know that. If I thought you were a liar, I'd tell you. .
Haney:

"MY POSTS are all over education sucks threads. I'M NOT GOING TO DIG THEM UP. ACCEPT what I'm saying or NOT."

Originally Posted by Alan
"Hmmm. You are giving me a choice . . . I'll pick NOT. I love being given a choice. We should try that in our school."

???? I love the word salads some of you pull.

Last edited by tom haney; 06-25-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Old
  (#26)
Sev

06-25-2019, 03:12 PM

So what do you when it is the students that have graduated come to the realization that their education was in adequate and begin saying so?

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#27)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
But the question is.
Would education in WV actually suffer?

Perhaps you're being funny.
I know I've had many excellent students who have gone on to fine universities and achieved at high levels and had impressive careers.
I understand that many on the Right are anti-education but those of us who know better consider them very foolish indeed.
I know that college isn't for everyone, but the several high schools I am familiar with in my state have been very good and offer opportunities for college, trade schools , a general education.
Of course it would catastrophic.

Old
  (#28)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
So what do you when it is the students that have graduated come to the realization that their education was in adequate and begin saying so?
Often students realize that the effort they put in was inadequate.
I'll be honest. I taught English Literature, composition, and theater for 30 years. No student ever blamed me during that time for receiving an inadequate education, but many would have like to have had those years over and done things differently.

Old
  (#29)
Sev

06-25-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you're being funny.
I know I've had many excellent students who have gone on to fine universities and achieved at high levels and had impressive careers.
I understand that many on the Right are anti-education but those of us who know better consider them very foolish indeed.
I know that college isn't for everyone, but the several high schools I am familiar with in my state have been very good and offer opportunities for college, trade schools , a general education.
Of course it would catastrophic.
LOL.
Man you are slipping.
I was being facetious.

The problem with the educational system is the federal government. Much like everything else. Once the government got in between the students and teachers the quality of education began to decline.

The formation of the department of education was the single worst thing to happen to education in the USA.

It is not the people teaching that are generally the problem.
It is the methodology and what they are being taught to and required to teach.

The bar has been lowered in an attempt to achieve equal outcomes for even least able student.

NYS and many other state had regents and school level in their curriculum. All above average students moved up to the advanced level. While the less capable students stayed at was considered the average level.

It was decided that it was unfair to the average students.

Now.

To make the problem worse. The government has gotten in between parents and their children as well.
This is nothing new. It has been going on for decades.
However it has resulted in a decline of traditional family values as well as many other things that parents used to instill into their children.

Because of this. You have students that have no real interest or desire to learn.
They have been promised the world and are ill prepared for the reality of it.
At the same time you have a curriculum that is not designed to challenge the student or develop their cognitive ability.

What it boils down to is the neither parents nor the schools systems are anywhere near as demanding of the students as those that came before the baby boomers.

Of course the Asians stand in stark contrast to other ethnic groups in educational performance.
Cultural differences in the home are a key factor.

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#30)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I agree with you. There's tens of thousands of QUALIFIED teachers just itching to fill their jobs and make the big bucks.......
Why would you need 10s of thousands of replacement teachers? If it was made clear to them that they lose their job if they don't want to show up for work......I guarantee you only a handful would go on strike(and they would tend to be the type you wouldn't want teaching your kids anyway.)

Page 2 of 9 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: