Value on an old Tim Scruggs Coco 4 points

TheDragon

I'm not Charlie Williams!
Silver Member
Whats the current market value for this Tim Scruggs cue:
Old TS engraved logo. It was made in the 70s.
Coco 4 points into bem. Coco buttsleeve. White cap.
5/16x14 ss joint. Straight.
Thanks.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Without pics it's hard to say but it could possibly be worth $1500 depending on the condition, the shafts, and no veneers or inlays.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wrong forum...post this in the For Sale/Wanted forum, and include pictures. You'll get the info you want, from knowledgable cue sellers.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Honestly, there are some in the wanted/for sale section that will say it doesn't belong, because it is not for sale.

It is hard to give an estimated price without pics. If the points have no veneers, I would say it could be anywhere from $500-$1000 maybe. I could be completely wrong though. Don't know if it being from the 70's really increases the value. I know there was just a Scruggs with 4 points and veneers sell for around $600-$700 here recently....it was a steal though.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scruggs

Post photos and specs in the cue and case gallery and you will get some serious answers. Watch out for PM's offering to take it off your hands until you get some details.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Honestly, there are some in the wanted/for sale section that will say it doesn't belong, because it is not for sale.

It is hard to give an estimated price without pics. If the points have no veneers, I would say it could be anywhere from $500-$1000 maybe. I could be completely wrong though. Don't know if it being from the 70's really increases the value. I know there was just a Scruggs with 4 points and veneers sell for around $600-$700 here recently....it was a steal though.

I agree
The main forum is just as good as the WFS for this type of thread.
The next guy will say "what's for sale, move it to the main forum"

Lets all play moderator

As far as the value goes, I also agree that these cues are actually selling for $1000 maybe a little more, but I was feeling generous.
As soon as you say $1000, one of the big Scrugg's guys will say $2000, and we haven't even seen the cue or have info on the shafts.
I have a 4-point 4-veneer TS cue that I bought for $1000 and it is in perfect condition, other than the finish not applied correctly to the black phenolic butt cap.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree
The main forum is just as good as the WFS for this type of thread.
The next guy will say "what's for sale, move it to the main forum"

Lets all play moderator

As far as the value goes, I also agree that these cues are actually selling for $1000 maybe a little more, but I was feeling generous.
As soon as you say $1000, one of the big Scrugg's guys will say $2000, and we haven't even seen the cue or have info on the shafts.
I have a 4-point 4-veneer TS cue that I bought for $1000 and it is in perfect condition, other than the finish not applied correctly to the black phenolic butt cap.

Ted-Tell us how you really feel. Don't be "vague" about it.