What is up with the donation threads?

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I see it these threads asking specifically asking for donations need to be moved to the NPR thread. They have no place in the main thread. None of us who pay attention to the news are ignorant to what is happening across our country. If one wants to donate their time and money they will, upon their free will.

I personally spent a week helping repairing homes after Katrina ripped through the south.

We come to the main thread for just that main stream pool news.

Jay P.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
I would explain why what you said is narrow minded, but I won't waste my time.
Everyone heard about katrina, how would anyone know about an individual unless they tell about it. We all play pool or are involved in it, so if its in the main forum and you don't like the post then ignore it !!! Hopefully others are as callous toward you if a hard time pass's your way.

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the whole point...we shouldn't have to ignore it.

It shouldn't be here..should be in NPR.

Thanks for the post.

Jay P.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
More people read in the main forum, since we all play pool or are involved imo it is pool related as it affects a pool player, repairman, or builder. As a pool community in here, we have to look out for each other because no one else is likely to do so.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That's the whole point...we shouldn't have to ignore it.

It shouldn't be here..should be in NPR.

Thanks for the post.

Jay P.

I can understand your feelings about donation threads....
..it's nice to know who you're sending the $ to.
But it usually starts out about POOL players so I feel it belongs here.

When Tuscaloosa got hit I inquired about Cajun Fats.
When Missouri got hit I asked Tramp Steamer and Underclocked to check in.

If I did that on NPR...first they want to know how they roll...:confused:
..are they 'right-leaning Nazi lovers or 'leftist commie rats'
If I tell them it's chaos down there...then the anarchists speak up.
Then the flaming starts and the original intent is forgotten.:)

-Disclaimer- I actually like lurking there...but it's scary...:yikes:

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a heart, brother

Man, you sure are touchy. With all the disasters happening, many of us want to be able to help those in need, if you don't, and it's obvious you don't, just don't open the thread.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Ratnip, since when is Ginky to be considered NPR?
Shows just how short sighted your thoughts are.:(
And by the way your post is NPR. :p
Mods Please move this post.

Last edited:

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member

Ha, ha - NPR isn't that bad.......OK, maybe it is. :grin-square:

To the OP - some things are worth the visibility provided by the main forum regardless of technicalities......and taking care of others in our circle of influence during times of crisis is certainly one of those things.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Yep, those NPR junkie zealots are a dangerous lot. :)

Sometimes exposure favors formality.

J

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
As I see it these threads asking specifically asking for donations need to be moved to the NPR thread. They have no place in the main thread. None of us who pay attention to the news are ignorant to what is happening across our country. If one wants to donate their time and money they will, upon their free will.

I personally spent a week helping repairing homes after Katrina ripped through the south.

We come to the main thread for just that main stream pool news.

Jay P.

Jay, sometimes things are more important than they first appear to be. Some of these people really need help and it could certainly be any of us given the right situation. In reality there is not that many of these threads, and while they can be a little time consuming for some trying like yourself to find certain information. They also receive more views and a better responce in the main forum, than they would ever get in NPR, so I have to disagree with you on this subject. Helping other forum members with information or other wise is what INTERNET forums in my opinion should be about. I know not everyone will agree with my comments and that is fine with me, each of us has the right to an opinion, I hope you can respect that.

Oh and by the way, sometimes when rules are made things or situations are over looked unintentionally I kinda think that may be the case in this situation.

Have a great night, no disrespect intended.

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I thought you might take a little heat on this one.
The reason these requests for help, or assistance, are put out on the main forum, and as my good friend pt mentioned, is that it's the fastest and most expedient method of making contact when contact needs to be made.
In the case of the Joplin disaster there were several players and at least one cue maker whose whereabouts were unknown for some time. Since this forum is about pool players, not to mention pool player that many of us know, then what better venue could we have. Joey A put this entire matter into a very eloquent and insightful post only a few days ago. I suggest you look it up.

My God, man, the Trampster could have been lost forever and no one would have known about it. Underclocked? Probably not that big a deal, but Tramp Steamer? I shudder to think about it. :)

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I never go to the NPR forum, I'm here for pool. If I can help someone in AZBville with a donation, and it sounds real, I do. If I don't want to read a thread, I just pass it by. No big deal, but some people can get help here. Is that really so bad?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
To the OP - some things are worth the visibility provided by the main forum regardless of technicalities......and taking care of others in our circle of influence during times of crisis is certainly one of those things.

It is very nice to be able to agree with you for a change. :p

Spot on.