Who do you like? - Amar Kang VS. Oscar Dominguez

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Here's a match I'd like to see...

AMAR vs. OSCAR

- 10 Ball / UPA RULES (Call pocket/3 Fouls/Winner Break)

- Race to 50

- To be played on 'Neutral Turf' / Like the Turning Stone Classic in N.Y.
or similar event.

- $$$ / TBA

Who do you think would win???

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
It's not even close...and why would they play in NY when they are both from CA?

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Okay, then...

They can play on neutral territory in CA somewhere. It'll be a NoCal/SoCal Matchup!

Remember, 10-Ball is a different game than 9-ball. A lot harder to run racks. I think it could be closer than you think. Nonetheless, I'd love to see the match.

Love the way they both play...

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member

AMAR vs. OSCAR

- Race to 50

or similar event.

- $$$ / TBA

Ya ain't yet told us who you like?:shrug:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

AMAR vs. OSCAR

- Race to 50

or similar event.

- $$$ / TBA

oscar...........

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 8 years ago I liked Amar's game better than I like Oscar's now. Now, I'd bet on Oscar if I had to.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neutral ground......ummm, how about Hard Times in Bellflower, table #6.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if its on a table like #6 at hardtimes I like OSCAR his safety game is very strong and there will nor be many racks run, just like when he played John Morra.

If they play on a diamond with pro cut pockets I like Amar, because there will be many more racks run and when Amar gets loose he can be tough.

It would be a close match either way and I would love to sweat it.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Since Amar plays more poker and golf than pool nowadays I would bet the farm on Oscar.

Oh and FYI the tournament room at the TS is closed for play everyday after all the matches have been played ;)

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have played in the past. Last year if I recall? Anyways, he had just started playing again, it was an ugly match by both but I won.

I have offered to play again. And that offer stands. In his home room in Sacramento. Team Mexico likes to bet. :)

gumby

Registered
We have played in the past. Last year if I recall? Anyways, he had just started playing again, it was an ugly match by both but I won.

I have offered to play again. And that offer stands. In his home room in Sacramento. Team Mexico likes to bet. :)

It'd be fun to sweat if it happens.

So when's the party?? :)

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member

Team Mexico FTW! I'd bet my lunch money on you, buddy.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Amar is playing and in stroke, I think it would be a tight match. But, if he's playing cards more than he's playing pool, it could be pretty tough for Amar. I've seen him when he was hitting them good and he can be a monster on the table when he's firing on all 8.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Amar playing his top game is a match for just about anyone except the absolute top players...Oscar has improved greatly the last few years but I don't think he is a better overall talent than Amar.

Amar beat Ernesto two sets in San Diego years ago and it looked like stealing money. 11-7, 11-5 or something like that. Ernesto wasn't playing too bad, Amar was just running out and making it look easy.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amar playing his top game is a match for just about anyone except the absolute top players...Oscar has improved greatly the last few years but I don't think he is a better overall talent than Amar.

Amar beat Ernesto two sets in San Diego years ago and it looked like stealing money. 11-7, 11-5 or something like that. Ernesto wasn't playing too bad, Amar was just running out and making it look easy.

Never seen O-Mex play, but I have witnessed Amar play some incredible pool.
It would take a real good player to beat Amar, if he is playing full-speed.

I know it. What is it, its it.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I definitely like you in this match Oscar...

I actually lost money betting against you on Sunday to CJ...lol

I hadn't see you play in a while and Louis' been playing so good lately, I bet CJ that Louis would go farther than you, but man you played perfectly to send him to the loser's side.

Did you end up winning on Sunday?

Jaden