BEWARE OF Zhou8747 NON-PAYER

hussler

Pristine Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I HAD A NICE GINA POSTED FOR SALE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. I RECEIVED A PM FROM Zhou8747 SAID HE WANTED TO BUY THE CUE AND WOULD SEND A BANK WIRE. NO BANK WIRE SHOWED UP. I SENT HIM AN EMAIL THAT HE COULD PAY WITH PAY PAL AND SENT HIM A BILL. TWO WEEKS AND STILL NO PAYMENT. THIS GUY IS A DEAD BEAT AND WE DON;T NEED PEOPLE LIKE HIM HERE ON AZ.

HUSSLER

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
I HAD A NICE GINA POSTED FOR SALE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. I RECEIVED A PM FROM Zhou8747 SAID HE WANTED TO BUY THE CUE AND WOULD SEND A BANK WIRE. NO BANK WIRE SHOWED UP. I SENT HIM AN EMAIL THAT HE COULD PAY WITH PAY PAL AND SENT HIM A BILL. TWO WEEKS AND STILL NO PAYMENT. THIS GUY IS A DEAD BEAT AND WE DON;T NEED PEOPLE LIKE HIM HERE ON AZ.

HUSSLER

He did the same exact thing to me with regard to a Haley rosewood on rosewood monster cue, and then had the audacity to contact me about a possible purchase of my 2013 Barry Szamboti hoppe cue. Stay clear of Zhou. He is a breacher.

blacklab9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear that. Hope you sell your cue. Id love to buy it myself but gina's are way out of my price range. ;)

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I do not understand why he would need to wire the money through a bank account. Would it not be so much faster to just western union, or money gram the money? This should be a lesson learned to not accept bank wire transfers, unless you know the person you are dealing with. If they they could not pay through paypal, or wire you the money through a service like western union, and if you did not know the person, then you should have kept your cue for sale. You should not have to wait weeks for a persons payment to be received, or even days. Just do not trust people to send a payment method that could take 5 days or possible longer to complete, unless you have dealt with them in the past, or unless they are very well known on here. I would think that in this day and age, everyone that does online shopping would have a paypal account.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0

HUSSLER

I'm assuming he is out of the Country and if so, you should be thanking your lucky stars he stiffed you rather than paid that PayPal bill.

Kevin

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I do not understand why he would need to wire the money through a bank account. Would it not be so much faster to just western union, or money gram the money? This should be a lesson learned to not accept bank wire transfers, unless you know the person you are dealing with.

It might be a bit faster but then you have to go get it while with a wire transfer you don't have to do anything. The fees are also a lot less with a wire transfer.

I don't see what this has to do with not accepting wire transfers? The issue is that the guy never sent the money, not that something went wrong with the wire transfer. He would have this exact same problem with the seller if he used PayPal, western union, money order, money gram or any other form of payment. The problem was not caused by the form of payment, the problem is that the buyer never sent the payment.

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Agreed

It might be a bit faster but then you have to go get it while with a wire transfer you don't have to do anything. The fees are also a lot less with a wire transfer.

I don't see what this has to do with not accepting wire transfers? The issue is that the guy never sent the money, not that something went wrong with the wire transfer. He would have this exact same problem with the seller if he used PayPal, western union, money order, money gram or any other form of payment. The problem was not caused by the form of payment, the problem is that the buyer never sent the payment.

I have had many people say they want something , and back out of a deal. Even make me post sold on my for sale. And then say forget it. So this seems to
Be common now a days. For now on I only put deal pending or payment pending, and that's with someone I know, someone with great rep, or with a deposit.... Other then that, my for sale stays open. It sucks but you have to be like that now a days. Just to add. I had a guy want a cue told me 3 days later forget it cause I didn't make it sold, and cause I bumped the thread. I told him he didn't pay for it yet so I leave all my options open he was pissed. And said that's bad business.... Toooooooo funny. Dom

hussler

Pristine Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Zhou8747

If Zhou has burned all these other people they should leave negative feedback. His rating would go so low no one would deal with him.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
If Zhou has burned all these other people they should leave negative feedback. His rating would go so low no one would deal with him.

I don't think you should be given negative iTrader for not buying a cue you said you would. I think it's a crap move but not worthy of neg iTrader. imo, of course

and ftr, if I'm dealing with someone as a seller and they're from out of country, I would need to know them real good before accepting a paypal payment from them. They can dispute that.

Bank wire transfer, not so much. ;)

best,
brian kc

Tnpoolplayer

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bank wires

I am a serious novice in trading cues. And while I'm sure pay pal or western union is just fine for a purchase of this scale I am also just as sure that a bank wire is more secure. I buy and sell medical equipment all over the world and have for 25 years. Bank wire is the only method I would trust to do so. The fees are usually around $25 and that's for wires between $5,000 and $250,000.

Just thought I would share that.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
I did 2 rather large deals with him. I got paid by bank wire transfer. I had no issues with him. And both times everything went smooth.

Bank wire transfer with anyone out of the CONUS or you feel unsafe with due to the amount of the sale is the only way to go.

Last edited:

hussler

Pristine Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Dead Beat

Sean, Maybe you had a good deal with Zhou and you are right he has not signed in two week, which is about the time he told me he wanted to buy the cue. And then no contact afterwards. Not sure where you are going with your post, but as far as I am concern the guy is a crook.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Sean, Maybe you had a good deal with Zhou and you are right he has not signed in two week, which is about the time he told me he wanted to buy the cue. And then no contact afterwards. Not sure where you are going with your post, but as far as I am concern the guy is a crook.

You never know, something more important may have come up in his life; perhaps something serious.

You really should have given him an opportunity to explain his side of things before calling him out publicly, especially since he hasn't been on.

And you're calling him a crook because he didn't buy your cue? :confused:

I see that you already left him his first negative iTrader.

Seems way off base to me.

I hope he's okay.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
He has completed several purchases with some of AZ's finest members. Perhaps this is a simple error in communication, hopefully nothing more and that all is ok on his end.

BTW, Poolchady gives him a very good reference, which is worth a lot in my book.

Will Prout

Last edited:

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

a crook? really? what did he steal?