Important News

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12:00 pm: Play Begins
* NOTE: At 11:00 am, we will conduct a role call. If a registered player is not present at that time, his/her spot will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. We highly recommend that you arrive Friday night to avoid traffic and other delays. There will be no exceptions so please, arrive early. There is no need to call the Tournament Director or the venue to say you will be late. If you are late, you may lose your spot without refund - no exceptions, no favors.

Wtf? Who is the customer here?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
* NOTE: At 11:00 am, we will conduct a role call. If a registered player is not present at that time, his/her spot will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. We highly recommend that you arrive Friday night to avoid traffic and other delays. There will be no exceptions so please, arrive early. There is no need to call the Tournament Director or the venue to say you will be late. If you are late, you may lose your spot without refund - no exceptions, no favors.

Why do you object to this?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What tournament is this for?

I also see absolutely zero problem with it. Running a tournament is all about herding cats.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You don't really think the customer is always right, do you?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The customer is ALWAYS:

The one that has the money. Everyone else are the folks that want the money.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pool tourneys have a vicious cycle: they always start late, so everyone expects them to start late, so everyone comes late, so pool tournaments always start late. I am in favor of efforts to break that cycle!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I don't have a problem with this policy as long as the entrants knew about it BEFORE they paid their entry fees.

Maniac

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool tourneys have a vicious cycle: they always start late, so everyone expects them to start late, so everyone comes late, so pool tournaments always start late. I am in favor of efforts to break that cycle!

On time is important for a lot of reasons....early and late each have their own shortcomings.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Customer?

I thought they were players? Competitors?

Do we call tennis tournament players customers? Football players? Olympic competitors?

I think "customer" is a strange way of looking at it...but maybe I am way off.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Customer?

I thought they were players? Competitors?

Do we call tennis tournament players customers? Football players? Olympic competitors?

I think "customer" is a strange way of looking at it...but maybe I am way off.

I don't see is as a misnomer at all.

I would think the hosts would seek to include folks, not add restrictions.

Events in the area used to draw hundred+, regularly...now, often less than 50.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see is as a misnomer at all.

I would think the hosts would seek to include folks, not add restrictions.

Events in the area used to draw hundred+, regularly...now, often less than 50.

I think customer is spot on.

Why? Customers are people that are looking to buy/spend money.

Well, pool player pay (buy) entry fees (product).

Pretty simple really.

Again, your right about the restrictions. That's complete horseshit. I dont follow that at all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think customer is spot on.

Why? Customers are people that are looking to buy/spend money.

Well, pool player pay (buy) entry fees (product).

Pretty simple really.

Again, your right about the restrictions. That's complete horseshit. I dont follow that at all.

Thanks for the words.

I don't want to come off as oppositional and I think some lines must be drawn for the benefit of the hosts and for other participants:i cant say it is complete bs.

I find the decree: thou shalt arrive an hour prior to start and should get a hotel too, to be overly imposing. A detriment to the event for both potential players and therefore the hosts, as well.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
That's the way all tournaments should be run - no exceptions! If I'm there on time you should be too.
Jason

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to work for a deep sea charter boat fishing out of Glocester Mass. We used to get calls asking what time does the 8 o'clock boat leave? We politely said 8 o'clock on the dot. They would then tell us they were running late I'll be there by 8:10 or so. We then told them we'd wave to them on our way out. They got the message and that was that. Whoever thinks they are so important that 50 or so on time others should wait for them? No one customer is worth pissing off all the others. On time or stay home. Pretty easy really...