DigiCue Blue “follow through” advice on draw

Twalte

Registered
Hello,
I’ve been away from pool for a while, so please forgive me if this question seems too noob. But should I expect to see full “follow through” numbers even when I’m drawing the ball? The best I can hit is a 6 or 7 with a normal stroke...here’s the best I can do with my stroke.

For those of you with a DigiCue that struggled with follow through, what worked for you? The only way I can get a high score is an exaggerated slow stroke where I speed up as I hit the ball.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• 0E813E13-3BE7-4930-B965-E3B7632BDD6E.jpg
    0E813E13-3BE7-4930-B965-E3B7632BDD6E.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just ordered one. Go down to "Ask the Instructor" and under the thread "please help me fix my stroke" and BC21 has one of these devices. He might be able to tell you.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Follow through is a symptom of a good stroke, not an end goal. Exaggerating it does nothing for you. Focus on a smooth, unrestricted, un-"steered" stroke with good acceleration into the CB and you'll get the action you want whether you have a good follow-through or not.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I average a 6. I was just happy it was green and not buzzing my stick with a fault. I’ve only just started playing with it on beginner. I’ll have to explore what a 10 feels like.

cb108420770e041ccd83b9b421b0fdb7.jpg

For those curious, this is the DigiCue description of follow through. It’s more about the smooth acceleration through the ball than it is about length.

a6de71adf7d50b92954fc521ca02a3d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Twalte

Registered
I average a 6. I was just happy it was green and not buzzing my stick with a fault. I’ve only just started playing with it on beginner. I’ll have to explore what a 10 feels like.

cb108420770e041ccd83b9b421b0fdb7.jpg

For those curious, this is the DigiCue description of follow through. It’s more about the smooth acceleration through the ball than it is about length.

a6de71adf7d50b92954fc521ca02a3d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m getting similar results but assumed I’m in error here by not seeing anything above a 6 or 7.

Attachments

• 59798FCD-0FBC-4211-9267-5344A3608D71.jpg
    59798FCD-0FBC-4211-9267-5344A3608D71.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 445

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
focus on smooth acceleration. Medium speed shots are typically 6-7 for me. I think if you stay in that range you shouldn't worry too much about it. For harder shots, it may be a function of the grip tightening up some when the tip contacts the cue ball. Put the cue ball on the spot and see what the length of the follow through is shooting at different speeds. I focus more on the jab parameter rather than follow through.

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Follow through is a symptom of a good stroke, not an end goal. Exaggerating it does nothing for you. Focus on a smooth, unrestricted, un-"steered" stroke with good acceleration into the CB and you'll get the action you want whether you have a good follow-through or not.

DITTO!

randyg

Twalte

Registered
focus on smooth acceleration. Medium speed shots are typically 6-7 for me. I think if you stay in that range you shouldn't worry too much about it. For harder shots, it may be a function of the grip tightening up some when the tip contacts the cue ball. Put the cue ball on the spot and see what the length of the follow through is shooting at different speeds. I focus more on the jab parameter rather than follow through.

I think I have it figured out.....thank you!! I’ve been punching the CB when I should be pushing through it. It makes total sense now with a slower acceleration. I’m able to duplicate these results regularly on practice strokes. I think my accuracy is improving too.

Thanks for the answer.

Attachments

• E263D6BA-7B92-4640-9A15-2038BAA662C6.jpg
    E263D6BA-7B92-4640-9A15-2038BAA662C6.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 255

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think I have it figured out.....thank you!! I’ve been punching the CB when I should be pushing through it. It makes total sense now with a slower acceleration. I’m able to duplicate these results regularly on practice strokes. I think my accuracy is improving too.

Thanks for the answer.

That is about as good as I've ever seen. Hope I can do that also. Just received the Digicue two days ago. But the "follow through" is around 6. I'll take your advice above and see if I can get it better. Amazing little device!!!

Twalte

Registered
That is about as good as I've ever seen. Hope I can do that also. Just received the Digicue two days ago. But the "follow through" is around 6. I'll take your advice above and see if I can get it better. Amazing little device!!!

Yes....it is amazing. I would have expected to hear more about it on this site.

I had to revise my grip, my bridge, my elbow position and my backstroke pause to get to that point. It’s a great aid, but figuring out what’s causing your bad numbers can drive you crazy.

I also watched a great training clip with Mike Sigel on You Tube that helped me fix a few of my issues.

But the DigiCue Blue is worth every penny. Awesome.

Last edited:

Twalte

Registered

I’ve only been using it for 9 days, and the changes are amazing. I’m finding that my consistency has improved consistently over the 2700 practice strokes this week. It gets to the point where you know immediately what you did wrong once you feel that buzz in the cue stick.

I hope you have similar results!

Attachments

• 4F50304D-FBA1-4D8F-811F-52A86FFE3E03.jpg
    4F50304D-FBA1-4D8F-811F-52A86FFE3E03.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 224