Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ore than welcoe, ister PT.

UAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! :grin:
Which reminds me of the novel "Gadsby":

If Youth, throughout all history, had had a champion to stand up for it; to show a doubting world that a child can think; and, possibly, do it practically; you wouldn't constantly run across folks today who claim that "a child don't know anything." A child's brain starts functioning at birth; and has, amongst its many infant convolutions, thousands of dormant atoms, into which God has put a mystic possibility for noticing an adult's act, and figuring out its purport.

Up to about its primary school days a child thinks, naturally, only of play. But many a form of play contains disciplinary factors. "You can't do this," or "that puts you out," shows a child that it must think, practically, or fail. Now, if, throughout childhood, a brain has no opposition, it is plain that it will attain a position of "status quo," as with our ordinary animals. Man knows not why a cow, dog or lion was not born with a brain on a par with ours; why such animals cannot add, subtract, or obtain from books and schooling, that paramount position which Man holds today.

The first poster to tell me what is unusual in the above (and which carries on through the novel) gets an autographed copy of Willie Mosconi "Winning Pocket Billiards". (My autograph, not Willie's. :grin:) No fair using Google.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

If Youth, throughout all history, had had a champion to stand up for it; to show a doubting world that a child can think; and, possibly, do it practically; you wouldn't constantly run across folks today who claim that "a child don't know anything." A child's brain starts functioning at birth; and has, amongst its many infant convolutions, thousands of dormant atoms, into which God has put a mystic possibility for noticing an adult's act, and figuring out its purport.

Up to about its primary school days a child thinks, naturally, only of play. But many a form of play contains disciplinary factors. "You can't do this," or "that puts you out," shows a child that it must think, practically, or fail. Now, if, throughout childhood, a brain has no opposition, it is plain that it will attain a position of "status quo," as with our ordinary animals. Man knows not why a cow, dog or lion was not born with a brain on a par with ours; why such animals cannot add, subtract, or obtain from books and schooling, that paramount position which Man holds today.

The first poster to tell me what is unusual in the above (and which carries on through the novel) gets an autographed copy of Willie Mosconi "Winning Pocket Billiards". (My autograph, not Willie's. :grin:) No fair using Google.
I have a few copies of that book, Bob
...and I’m not unaware of the concept....from years ago
Explanation in the greenie I sent

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

I know what is unusual about said paragraph, but must disqualify any participation of your thoughtful gift.

I did not use yahoo or any kind of assist. It's just that your hint was too strong.

I cannot fathom writing a book in such a fashion.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I know what is unusual about said paragraph, but must disqualify any participation of your thoughtful gift.

I did not use yahoo or any kind of assist. It's just that your hint was too strong.

I cannot fathom writing a book in such a fashion.

Lol I had to do a check to make sure I was correct but I got it after reading your last sentence...it got me investigating. That’s pretty wild

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a few copies of that book, ...
It is not your typical Gatsby book by F. Scott.... Do you concur? I cannot grasp any individual owning two or four of it. Outlandish!

Or is it Mosconi's book that you own in multiplicity?

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It is not your typical Gatsby book by F. Scott.... Do you concur? I cannot grasp any individual owning two or four of it. Outlandish!

Or is it Mosconi's book that you own in multiplicity?

Mosconi....my first pool author when I was a kid.
...showed me what a dead kiss was...started finding them all over the place.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quitting is easier than it sounds

if you guys will buy my table I will bet $5500 that I never get another one
In fact if you buy it,I will give your money back if I buy another one within a tear

My Szamboti is for sale
My Owen is for sale

Both of my Drexlers are for sale

both my ivory joint schon tributes are for sale

my scruggs is for sale

even my beautiful cases are for sale

I have been practicing at home for two months
I finally got a game today and a no playing guy beat me

I am worse than ever,more practice means no fun
plus I got worse

fellas help me quit

Dean you are like me...an action junkie!!...you are never gonna"quit" you are simply running a little hot right now after booking a loser...the pool world is WWAAAAYY better with you in it my friend. You have seen em ALL play,and more importantly,you have seen em play when the CHIPS were on the line(alot of the times it was YOUR chips lol) and you know all the stories and grifters and gamblers in the pool world(as i do,i,m just not quite as old as you) but people like you and i(the ones who BET IT UP) are the ones that the pool hustlers go out of their way TRYING to get us"down" and beat us out of something...we are smart enough to have figured that out and now we let "the hustlers" make the bad games shooting at our money) lol...I LOVE IT and i bet you do too!!! You ain,t going nowhere! Get over it and just beat the next guy out of his money...then tell us about it so we can all smile,and these nits that don,t even understand ,forget them,let em go to "league" this week and play for"0" lol....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mosconi....my first pool author when I was a kid.
...showed me what a dead kiss was...started finding them all over the place.
Bad writing. Nasty! Do not fall into old ways. Find a good way.;)

And play shots from rack positions that show your knowing of normals. Kiss, kiss, kiss. And hugs.

---
Bob NLN

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
quitting is easier than it sounds

if you guys will buy my table I will bet $5500 that I never get another one
In fact if you buy it,I will give your money back if I buy another one within a tear

My Szamboti is for sale
My Owen is for sale

Both of my Drexlers are for sale

both my ivory joint schon tributes are for sale

my scruggs is for sale

even my beautiful cases are for sale

I have been practicing at home for two months
I finally got a game today and a no playing guy beat me

I am worse than ever,more practice means no fun
plus I got worse

fellas help me quit

We are trying Dean, but the mods refuse to ban you. :D

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
GC5s, por favor, mon frere...

Brunswick started to lose me....since the Gold Crown IIIs
...up til then, most of the good things that happened to me in billiards was on a Brunswick.
...they kinda went the way the North American auto industry went in the 50s...
...the car nerds lost control to the accountants....
...same thing happened to Brunswick....they no longer love billiards.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Brunswick started to lose me....since the Gold Crown IIIs
...up til then, most of the good things that happened to me in billiards was on a Brunswick.
...they kinda went the way the North American auto industry went in the 50s...
...the car nerds lost control to the accountants....
...same thing happened to Brunswick....they no longer love billiards.

They're all I can play on. Certainly, for me at any rate, the lesser of all the other evils.

For the record, I play on GC2s. My favorite table all-time was the Viscount we had in the room for @ 35 years.