Help identify Joss Limited Cue

09TBSS3SS

Registered
Have a friend with a Joss limited cue looking for some help identifying which model
772E031B-1D63-45C1-AEB3-5355856AC48F_zpsqk0abqoh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

88328E90-86E2-4937-9DCF-5903D1E3DA8B_zps9vyyejvu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue

not being smart but Joss would be my first option....descrip and price new

09TBSS3SS

Registered
Still haven’t heard from Joss, bumping this one as I’m still looking for a model number if anyone might have an ide

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant tell you price and model, but can tell you mid 90's by the phenolic joint.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a Joss from a pawn shop a few years back. I wanted to know more about it so I emailed Dan Janes and he answered quickly and told me the model and when it was built. Nice guy. I'd try that route. Also look to see if there are any markings on the joint or under the butt cap. Mine had a number that helped him identify it.

09TBSS3SS

Registered
I got a Joss from a pawn shop a few years back. I wanted to know more about it so I emailed Dan Janes and he answered quickly and told me the model and when it was built. Nice guy. I'd try that route. Also look to see if there are any markings on the joint or under the butt cap. Mine had a number that helped him identify it.

Sounds great, what is the email for Dan? I’ll have my friend take a look for numbers

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I left my case at home. Borrowed that identical cue. If it's still straight you have an excellent cue. Wonderful hitting cue for hopefully not a lot of money. I should have bought one then. Much better feel of my Adams cue.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I don't think it's worth over $200, being generous, probably less.
The model number really doesn't matter at this point, and the limited deal doesn't help.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it's worth over $200, being generous, probably less.
The model number really doesn't matter at this point, and the limited deal doesn't help.

Spot on. Great hitting cue IF your into that era joint. Carry it around and not worry about banging it up.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Spot on. Great hitting cue IF your into that era joint. Carry it around and not worry about banging it up.

I bought two similar butts one time both for $120, and by the time I bought two shafts I had more in them than they were worth.
Now every time I see any of those Joss cues I remember that the butts are worth less than the shafts.

The problem is they made thousands and thousands of cues every year, way more than you think.
Thousands made for specific dealers, found three model numbers from three distributors for a joss I had a couple years ago.
Real nice new four point joss , and I could not sell it for $300.
When you see that, you wonder how cheap the dealer cost is on these cues.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was trying to remember the year I was so impressed. It was 1989. Had a new Mercedes on the road. The cue I borrowed was much lighter. Probably made in the mid 80s. Sorry for the misinformation. Gary South always brought a few down from Corner Pocket in Mountain City Tennessee. Funny how you remember minute things. I was using a David Howard Original. Fun times.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought two similar butts one time both for $120, and by the time I bought two shafts I had more in them than they were worth.
Now every time I see any of those Joss cues I remember that the butts are worth less than the shafts.

The problem is they made thousands and thousands of cues every year, way more than you think.
Thousands made for specific dealers, found three model numbers from three distributors for a joss I had a couple years ago.
Real nice new four point joss , and I could not sell it for $300.
When you see that, you wonder how cheap the dealer cost is on these cues.

I told you to invest in Lucasi cues but no you didn't listen.