New Practice Game 7-UP - Thoughts?

pooligan

Registered
Printable Version

I have made a Word document for the (so far) 'official' rules.

A few people have mentioned playing the game and I thought an easier version to print and post up or take with you might be helpful.

Pooligan

Attachments

• 7-UP Game.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 121

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Meant to sub a while back. Glad to see thread is still current.
Gotta try 7-UP soon! (First got to finally finish the pwdr rm so I can pee down in the fin basement!) haha = more time to shoot! *no steps....... :thumbup:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like this game. I've played it for a few hours since the thread started and I've played for another few hours today. Managed 3 7s on the bounce today straight off the bat so I gave the no BIH a go. It was tough, very tough actually. Planning has to be a lot more strict, and you need to get into those clusters off the 8 ball instead of leaving it for the first colour. I managed several 6s and two 7s in two hours and a bit. A lot of luck was involved in them aswel, which shows how tough it is.

For the beginners its excellent to get them thinking in 3 ball patterns. And gets your position on a clustered table brushed up. Overall its a very good game to play by yourself, for people of all levels. I doubt anyone, even the worldies finding it easy to score 7s with no BIH. Good job on coming up with this :)

pooligan

Registered
I really like this game. I've played it for a few hours since the thread started and I've played for another few hours today. Managed 3 7s on the bounce today straight off the bat so I gave the no BIH a go. It was tough, very tough actually. Planning has to be a lot more strict, and you need to get into those clusters off the 8 ball instead of leaving it for the first colour. I managed several 6s and two 7s in two hours and a bit. A lot of luck was involved in them aswel, which shows how tough it is.

For the beginners its excellent to get them thinking in 3 ball patterns. And gets your position on a clustered table brushed up. Overall its a very good game to play by yourself, for people of all levels. I doubt anyone, even the worldies finding it easy to score 7s with no BIH. Good job on coming up with this :)

Pidge, I'm glad you are enjoying the game.

One thing I have definitely found is it can be a good indication of how 'easy' a table is. I don't know what equipment you have, but I have only scored one 7 on my table at home (although I can't play very much nowadays). My home table is a 9' Diamond Professional shimmed to 4" pockets. When I tried it at a pool hall on an 8' table with bucket pockets, I scored back to back 7s and a 6 out of the gate.

-Pooligan

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pidge, I'm glad you are enjoying the game.

One thing I have definitely found is it can be a good indication of how 'easy' a table is. I don't know what equipment you have, but I have only scored one 7 on my table at home (although I can't play very much nowadays). My home table is a 9' Diamond Professional shimmed to 4" pockets. When I tried it at a pool hall on an 8' table with bucket pockets, I scored back to back 7s and a 6 out of the gate.

-Pooligan
I play too much, if that's possible :-(. My home table is a K Steel 9ft shimmed with 4.25 inch pockets.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reviving a thread from over four years ago! Interesting practice game if you have never tried it. I haven't played many racks at all, but the seven is tough (for me anyway).

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Thanks for reviving this thread. I will give it a try.

But after all that bending, searching and reaching in the ball return for the 8, this old man will add a new rule:

7 UP, seven down. Pour me a 7 & Crown!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Yeah I like this idea a lot. I do something less structured now when I’m warming up, just toss out all 15 and find medium tough 3 ball patterns, last ball leading to the next 3 but I want to give this a go. Pool is great.