Bust Out This Cluster. Can You do it?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Ob is sitting between the 1 and 2 spot for Y and on the 1 spot for X. CB is on the 1 coordinate. Cluster is just past the side pocket. I do not believe you can do this with English but let me know if you can.

https://youtu.be/GZwCRT7swEg

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The Ob is sitting between the 1 and 2 spot for Y and on the 1 spot for X. CB is on the 1 coordinate. Cluster is just past the side pocket. I do not believe you can do this with English but let me know if you can.

https://youtu.be/GZwCRT7swEg

I'd be willing to bet there are literally hundreds, probably thousands of people who could break that open using English.

Maniac

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont get it. Are you saying you only hit it with stun?
Are you saying it cant be done with right english?
Are you saying this shot is impossible for people on az?
Are you just trolling?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that shot is easier on a diamond, con the cb comes off 2nd rail much flatter.

On a GC, I guess one would have to draw into side rail(not end rather) first.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't do it before i got my LD shaft. Now it almost happens automatically...Heck if I ever get a CF shaft, who knows, prolly be able to go 5 rails and do it.

But, really, I don't understand the specific question either.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imo, that is definitely a hard shot...and even if you touch the cluster, not a sure thing you'll have a makeable shot anyway.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had that on a barbox I might go 3 or 4 rails to break that from the other side. Stun your cueball straight ahead and let the rail induced spin work for you.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Depends on the spin. From the path of your CB it looks like you used a little inside...

pj
chgo

table.jpg

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried it on brand new cloth. Hit it with inside english due to the cloth sliding a little.
On worn cloth (diamond table) if you get tight to the corner pocket it probably can be done with right english.
Its not the easiest of shots.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd be willing to bet there are literally hundreds, probably thousands of people who could break that open using English.

Maniac

Send a video. I'd love to see it.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I dont get it. Are you saying you only hit it with stun?
Are you saying it cant be done with right english?
Are you saying this shot is impossible for people on az?
Are you just trolling?

I don't think it can be done with English. But, I'd love to see the video of someone doing it. I can't do it using English on my table, The CB comes in just longer than the cluster using English. Everyone can bust them out. (not trolling).

Last edited:

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't try to break it out that way SINCE it's more natural to go 3-4 rails after contacting pocketing the 2 ball - much more natural and a lot more room for error since they're close to the rail making the "target" to hit much bigger.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't try to break it out that way SINCE it's more natural to go 3-4 rails after contacting pocketing the 2 ball - much more natural and a lot more room for error since they're close to the rail making the "target" to hit much bigger.

Of course, I meant to bust it out the way I did. Your way may be a smarter way to bust them out. Just wanted to see if anyone can do it on two rails with English.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Very unlikely to break them up using inside, in my opinion. The cue ball would lose all it's speed coming off the 2nd (side) rail.
Yeah, it would have to be pretty slick cloth.

I tried the shot a few times on middle aged Simonis and with left right or center, going 2 rails doubling close to the corner got me about a half diamond to a diamond too long. I'd go more rails.

pj
chgo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think that shot is easier on a diamond, con the cb comes off 2nd rail much flatter.

On a GC, I guess one would have to draw into side rail(not end rather) first.

The trick on a GC is to use a modest amount of right english.....
...it runs on first rail but nothing left on second rail.