Masters Chalk

Cue-Z

Billiard FingerSlides®
Silver Member
No one has reviewed chalk, so here goes.

I never use house chalk...It's mostly garbage. I've gone back and forth between Silver Cup and Masters. While I like Silver Cup chalk, I find it doesn't work well in dry climates. Which brings me to talk about Masters. I notice that the majority of players use blue Masters chalk. After several years of playing and using different colors, I always come back to brown Masters.
I find that Master's Chalk works well in any climate, priced right and the brown is an easier clean up on my cue. Basically because it blends in with the color of the cue...Where as if you don't get every last flake of blue chalk cleanned off...And that is near to impossible...It haunts you like a bad spirit.:grin-devilish:

Master's Brown Chalk gets a thumbs up from me.

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
me too

master light-gray color chalk works wonders for me. very clean, doesn't stain my shaft & ferrule.

for the last couple years i've been using pewter (light grey) masters chalk for exactly the reasons you mentioned. :grin:

it has less of a tendency to stain the shaft and not nearly as visible/ disgusting when it gets on your hands or clothing.
plus, it just looks better to my eyes when applying chalk to the cue tip.

also, the light grey masters chalk is less noticeable if and/or when it gets on the interior lining of cue cases (which primarily are black or grey colored)

just my opinion of course, -marlo

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
another vote for light grey! cleanest of all the colors and shows up less than tan on green or blue cloth. brushes and wipes away very easily if it gets on anything.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Don't really like silver cup. I think Masters green is my favorite. Just picked up some blue diamond and it's about the same as masters green. Now they just need to come out with green diamond;)

Colomblanco

Registered
Blue diamond

I've tried blue Master's, blue Silver cup, and Blue Diamond. I like the blue diamond so much that I got this gay chalk holder because people steal it if I leave it on a table. I don't think anything compares to Blue Diamond.

coolcue

Registered
Masters is made by Tweeten and comes in 9 different colors. It seems I read somewhere that the Blue Diamond is made by Tweeten for a small, family owned company in Italy. The chalk was individually hand made and had an excellent reputation. The formula called Blue Diamond is a protected and secret one known only to Tweeten. It is not the standard chalk that is called Masters. :cool:

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
:thumbup: Another vote for Master chalk in Tan (Brown?). I carry my own chalker with me all the time and always have a back up or two in my case. I use this color for many reasons, but mainly because my home table is a tan/camel color, the fact that it doesn't discolor my shafts is also a big plus.

Last edited:

crazycueman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Diamond Chalk

I use Blue Diamond and find it to be excellent! It is simply the best chalk for so many reasons-long-lasting, applies evenly and tip hold well. It may cost more but lasts longer too. Do use a chalk holder because it will be taken if left on a table! Just my 2 cents;)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Masters Blue, the older the better, way before the flag is even better.

The expensive stuff makes my hands sticky, I cant stand it, I have some Russian stuff I'm gonna try next

I chalk my cue very similar to how Efren does(that was just a coincedence) with my left hand so thats a mess. And with hand when I'm waiting for my turn I chalk with my right hand. So both hands get dirty real fast, I use a ton of powder just to add to the mess. Needless to say my shafts all look like they have seen their better days-when infact they havent, they are just nice and dirty just like I like them. I never use any abrasives on my shafts, pads, 600 grit, etc all cuts wood off the cue and makes them appear cleaner-but the price is too high-skinny shafts. I have full shafts that look worn out, but are the same as new, Chalk wont hurt your shaft is my point here since this is a Chalk threa.

Tan Chalk (Masters) works really good, perhaps better than the blue, but I just cant fade using tan chalk.

red sucks period

the green Triangle the snooker players in the UK is very fine like talc and works great on a 9MM tip with a elk master tip, that for sure is the best choice for their rig,

f-50evolution

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i use the master light brown chalk. When some pool hall do not allow that i will use the brunswick chalk.
i find that the brunswick chalk does not drop chalk residue as much as the master chalk.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here are my preferences in chalk:

Brunswick, Blue diamond, Masters *blue.

for the price Brunswick and Masters are pretty much the same cost bu the brunswick sticks a little better.

Blue diamond sticks more for costs 10 times more for each cube..yikes!!!

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
You carry your own gray/tan chalk, huh? Stands out real nice on green felt and the room owners love that. LOL I used to have tan chalk too...until I got tired of room owners threatening me. Now I don't care anyway & use whatever is laying around. I'm a chalk whore I guess.

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
I use masters blue & probably will for a long time.(cause me and a buddy split a gross about a year ago) I heard that silver cup now owns masters,is this true? And also I've never tried blue diamond just wondering why it is so more expensive?

Railbird Hero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love using Blue Diamond. The NIR seems a little softer to me. Masters chalk is basically the standard. I think in my opinion silver cup falls below standard, Brunswick reminds me of how Masters used to be. Triangle cubes Ive used were mostly messy like silver cup. I have less mess with Blue Diamond, I find most people overchalk and thats when it just gets everywhere.
I am trying the Kamui right now. Its definitely different.