US Open

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I heard many miscues watching match play over the entire week... more than any other event I've ever attended.

The E. Coast dewpoint was in the low 50's during he event, and master chalk was the supplied chalk. Well, with all the layered tips being used nowadays, and seeing Shaws tip white and I've said it before, ''layered tips and Master chalk are not good together in many conditions''. The beveled edge of a cuetip exposes the many layers of leather and of course many layers of adhesive. It only makes perfect sense, with some tips you must use the better/higher end more dense type of chalk...to eliminate miscues.

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw's tip

I noticed his tip was white, I thought he might have been using Great White Chalk, but I have no knowledge if that's true.

I personally have been using Masters forever, with layered tips, and have no problem with miscues, unless I make a bad stroke.

Charlie

PoppaSaun

Banned
I heard many miscues watching match play over the entire week... more than any other event I've ever attended.

The E. Coast dewpoint was in the low 50's during he event, and master chalk was the supplied chalk. Well, with all the layered tips being used nowadays, and seeing Shaws tip white and I've said it before, ''layered tips and Master chalk are not good together in many conditions''. The beveled edge of a cuetip exposes the many layers of leather and of course many layers of adhesive. It only makes perfect sense, with some tips you must use the better/higher end more dense type of chalk...to eliminate miscues.

I've used layered tips and master chalk in extremely arid locations and in very humid locations. Never had much of a problem.

Maybe someone put some slickem on the balls.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My theory is due to fact players today are using smaller shafts. 12.50mm & less.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've used layered tips and master chalk in extremely arid locations and in very humid locations. Never had much of a problem.

Maybe someone put some slickem on the balls.

Top players, don't miscue.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I NEVER miscue. I'm also a bass fisherman that exclusively uses Ambassadeur bait cast reels and I NEVER backlash !!! LOL

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I NEVER miscue. I'm also a bass fisherman that exclusively uses Ambassadeur bait cast reels and I NEVER backlash !!! LOL

Even when I do backlash, which is never, it's not my fault. I'm positive one of my kids had been playing with the reel and loosened the spool.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not sure how the Dew point played a role, the tournament room was dry and cool.