Question...

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
1.What drill do u do to check your alignment?

2.Do you have a drill that helps you delivery the cue squarely into every shot?

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
1.What drill do u do to check your alignment?

2.Do you have a drill that helps you delivery the cue squarely into every shot?

1. Take it out on the freeway and punch it up to about 80mph, see if it shimmys or vibrates.

2. Practice.....Practice.....Practice.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Place an OB on the end rail on the middle diamond. Shoot the cue ball from the foot spot at the OB. If your aim and alignment are sound, the cue ball should rebound straight back without hitting a side rail.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
There's a couple of ways for me.
1st. As far as a drill,,,set CB and OB apart , but straight in, and keep separating them for a longer harder shot until the CB is on the rail and OB somewhere in the middle or to other end of table.. With all shots straight in and no angle,,,,,this should give both the drills you are asking about.

2nd way to get your game/shots in order:
Go find one of the best shooters from your area and play him for some cash. lol Winning in this drill gets you aligned faster but even losing gets er done!!!

Hustlehard

Pool Player
Silver Member
Set up the OB on the spot and set up the QB dead straight with OB and the left or right corner pocket, make the ball and draw just a touch and then spot another ball, repeat.

This checks a couple of things, like if your stroke is straight and if your alignment is good (straight wrist and arm) because if it is not the the QB wont come straight back and you will have to start over..i guess the point is to see how many times you can make the ball before getting out of line.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a couple of ways for me.
1st. As far as a drill,,,set CB and OB apart , but straight in, and keep separating them for a longer harder shot until the CB is on the rail and OB somewhere in the middle or to other end of table.. With all shots straight in and no angle,,,,,this should give both the drills you are asking about.

2nd way to get your game/shots in order:
Go find one of the best shooters from your area and play him for some cash. lol Winning in this drill gets you aligned faster but even losing gets er done!!!

+ 1
was gonna post about the same thing

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I keep an empty beer bottle.....a clear one in my cue rack

When I feel a little slopp, I take the bottle down, put it on the table and stroke into it.....until I can hit the bottom of the bottle

Do that a couple times a week and you will learn to trust your aim, or you will be cleaning broken glass of your table and replacing your tip :)

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give this a try.

Put the cue ball on the spot. Shoot the cue ball to the center diamond on the head rail. The cue ball should hit the diamond and return in a straight line back to the spot. If it goes left or right your not hitting it true. You should be able to stop your tip on the spot and have the ball come back and hit your tip head on. I've read where a lot of pros used this in the old days to keep their strokes straight. Good luck.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I keep an empty beer bottle.....a clear one in my cue rack

When I feel a little slopp, I take the bottle down, put it on the table and stroke into it.....until I can hit the bottom of the bottle

I put a full bottle of Crown Royal in my pool room. I then place the cue ball on the head spot and shoot it down table to the middle diamond, short rail, and see if comes back and hits my tip. If it doesn't, I take a shot of Crown. After 20 or 25 tries, my stroke/alignment is no better, but by then I don't really give a sh*t :thumbup:!!!

Maniac

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A) place an OB at head spot
B) place CB at foot spot
C) hit CB into OB such that
D) OB hits rail then
E) OB hits CB and then
F) CB rolls back and hits still extended cue tip.

If you can pull this shot off 3 out of 10 times your stroke is golden.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A) place an OB at head spot
B) place CB at foot spot
C) hit CB into OB such that
D) OB hits rail then
E) OB hits CB and then
F) CB rolls back and hits still extended cue tip.

If you can pull this shot off 3 out of 10 times your stroke is golden.

This will do it.

But if you want something less taxing I would recommend getting the CB to follow the OB into a pocket if you know what drill I'm talking about.