Finnegan interviewed by Bambu, for CueTimes magazine!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mic sounds were pretty bad, but the interview was good. Brought up the point I made on here about the games being edited to the point where it looks like they staged the games (ball about to scratch, next shot the person is shooting a hanger). Was like having Frost on here explaining things but from a second point of view.

Another bonus is that the magazine had my son in the junior state championships he played in, and finished second in every one of the three he played in LOL. Too bad there is no prize for top average finish, he has four second place finishes in a row now and one win.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
The mic sounds were pretty bad, but the interview was good. Brought up the point I made on here about the games being edited to the point where it looks like they staged the games (ball about to scratch, next shot the person is shooting a hanger). Was like having Frost on here explaining things but from a second point of view.

Another bonus is that the magazine had my son in the junior state championships he played in, and finished second in every one of the three he played in LOL. Too bad there is no prize for top average finish, he has four second place finishes in a row now and one win.

Yeah the clunking got bad at times, I know.....we finally found the mic input after the interview was over. Glad you liked the interview though, thanks for checking it out!

I envy you hang, my son is 10 and he hates pool. All he likes about it is the Hustlers TV show, but I suppose its a start. Congrats on your boys accomplishments, I'm sure you must be proud!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched the entire interview back to back last night and yet another solid piece of information in regards to the behind the scenes of The Hustlers.

All naysayers should take note....
We've had Mikey frost and production crew on other threads, the Emmy award winning producer of the show in an interview with billiards digest editor, a number of rail birds who watched the filming and now Finnegan himself.....All state unequivocally that the matches are 100% authentic and real.

Zero staged outcomes or planned results.

These players are good and under the lights and cameras, the pressure of real money on the line, they perform.

If any of the doubting Thomas's want to continue to drive the "it's all fake" narrative, they will have to come up with a witness or evidence to back their claim, other than the usual screen grabs "the 2 ball moved" theories which are fit for an Oliver Stone conspiracy theory movie. Finnegan stated it like it's been stated a hundred times-it's all in the editing.

The fact that it's real play is a highlight of the show. of which I believe this catapults the show into another level of reality television-the competition reality series. shows such as America's Got Talent, Face Off, Cake Boss, Restaurant Impossible, all have in some way shape or form, a cast that has to perform in a skill and that result is shown on screen-failure or success.

The Hustlers isn't just a reality series like the Kardashians, Housewives of Beverly Hills, swamp people, or Duck Dynasty. Those just have cameras following around a cast throughout their daily lives. Not very intriguing unless the producers stage scenarios for them to see what happens.

The Hustlers is a competition and performance reality series which makes is more gripping, engaging, and above all, addicting!

Great interview, great questions, and definitive answers from the Godfather of pool himself-Telemundo.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Yeah, we had some mic issues lol. Thanks for pointing that out though, and for watching. I hope to improve whatever I can.

I watched all 4 parts of the interview. Was good. Entertaining.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Watched the entire interview back to back last night and yet another solid piece of information in regards to the behind the scenes of The Hustlers.

All naysayers should take note....
We've had Mikey frost and production crew on other threads, the Emmy award winning producer of the show in an interview with billiards digest editor, a number of rail birds who watched the filming and now Finnegan himself.....All state unequivocally that the matches are 100% authentic and real.

Zero staged outcomes or planned results.

These players are good and under the lights and cameras, the pressure of real money on the line, they perform.

If any of the doubting Thomas's want to continue to drive the "it's all fake" narrative, they will have to come up with a witness or evidence to back their claim, other than the usual screen grabs "the 2 ball moved" theories which are fit for an Oliver Stone conspiracy theory movie. Finnegan stated it like it's been stated a hundred times-it's all in the editing.

The fact that it's real play is a highlight of the show. of which I believe this catapults the show into another level of reality television-the competition reality series. shows such as America's Got Talent, Face Off, Cake Boss, Restaurant Impossible, all have in some way shape or form, a cast that has to perform in a skill and that result is shown on screen-failure or success.

The Hustlers isn't just a reality series like the Kardashians, Housewives of Beverly Hills, swamp people, or Duck Dynasty. Those just have cameras following around a cast throughout their daily lives. Not very intriguing unless the producers stage scenarios for them to see what happens.

The Hustlers is a competition and performance reality series which makes is more gripping, engaging, and above all, addicting!

Great interview, great questions, and definitive answers from the Godfather of pool himself-Telemundo.

Thanks for watching, Kid! In case some readers are not aware, Cardigan Kid is really Ryan Dacko. Away from AZB, Ryan is the lead writer for Cue Times magazine. And he really does an awesome job, too. If you missed Ryans latest article, he makes some great points. It's an excellent read, and its all about the show! Check it out here:

http://www.mazdigital.com/webreader/28831?page=4

And I agree Ryan, the competition aspect puts the show on a whole different level. The show also does a good job in giving us a little taste of different aspects of the game. The amateur side of pool, a little pro, gambling aspects, sharking, talking. And, theres knowledge for beginners to learn too. All as real as anyone could make it. If people can be glued to duck dynasty, then I can say without shame....I am hooked!