Bad Deal with engineman76/William Crosby

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I read, you are dealing with someone that is not reasonable nor seemingly honest either.
Open a USPS Postal Fraud Complaint and present yur documentation to them. It can be argued the
other party intentionally withheld information that his cue was damaged subsequently to the agreeing
to trading of cues and you were entitled to the return of your cue in original condition which the seller
is refusing to do. The definition of U.S.Postal Fraud appears below:

Mail Fraud
A crime in which the perpetrator develops a scheme using the mails to defraud another of money or property.
This crime specifically requires the intent to defraud, and is a federal offense governed by section 1341 of Title
18 of the U.S. Code. The mail fraud statute was first enacted in 1872 to prohibit illicit mailings with the Postal
Service (formerly the Post Office) for the purpose of executing a\ fraudulent scheme.
That word I emphasized in red is the word that will do you in. You have to prove "intent".
And he will merely say........."I didn't intend to do fraud on nobody. I didn't mean to cause trouble. It was just a misunderstanding. I tried to settle up with the guy but he won't. I'm just a poor Navy worker, I don't intend to cause anybody any trouble". etc. etc. etc.
If you get one cent you can consider yourself ahead to get out of this mess....because that is a little better than zero, which is where you're at now.
It's a real shame you got bamboozled like this.
I would be mad too, but not a whole lot can be done about it...legally that is.
Of course all this input from railbird guys like me who weren't dumped in the river is easy, since we're not the ones who've been tricked out. I've had it happen to me before...I know the feeling.:shrug:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Open a fraud claim.

Also file civil suit.

Include the total cost of the cue you lost, at max retail. Include shipping costs with insurance. Then include your time, at an appropriate rate. Then include damages for the distress and interference in your business and personal life.

If he is military, forward all the information regarding the criminal claim and the civil claim to his commander and immediate supervisor. In fact, I would copy it to every ounce of brass above him.

Send everything by registered mail, preferably from an attorney.

engineman76

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I have already informed Jim that I got his cue back and will send to him Monday. I have never done any bad deals. Rest assured I always do the right thing ask around people will tell you.

engineman76

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wrong for treating him like that. I hope you all know I am good guy. I would have been upset also. I am sure we all had bad deals. I am not a guy who try’s to screw people over. He will have his cue back and I will get Dave to fix that jacoby.

barboxplr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious

If you are such a good guy then why did you act like such an ass to him. Sounds like reality hit u in the face once you got caught..

engineman76

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever buddy. Not really worried what you believe. I apologized and I will move forward. Not going to entertain nonsense

barboxplr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that is more like the guy in the text.. i wouldnt expect anything less after reading your texts. People like you think sorry fixes everything. It doesnt fix the fact you tried to screw a guy over on here. Yes glad you done the right thing but not until others chimed in. I have a feeling they helped you see things a little more clearly then you were

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling ShortBussRuss saved the day here. Nice handling of the situation, sir.

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are such a good guy then why did you act like such an ass to him. Sounds like reality hit u in the face once you got caught..
He was gonna phu(k him hard as he could, that much is as obvious as a hat on a horse according to the texts I read. (I'll come back tomorrow & apologize for calling 'em like I see 'em & all will be well) lol

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He was gonna phu(k him hard as he could, that much is as obvious l

Reason why I never trade,sell or buy. There are a handful of people here that I would send my goods and let them pay or send what they have after they are satisfied. Other wise it's transactions like this that are not worth the aggravation...aside from losing money.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reason why I never trade,sell or buy. There are a handful of people here that I would send my goods and let them pay or send what they have after they are satisfied. Other wise it's transactions like this that are not worth the aggravation...aside from losing money.

Yup I feel the same way.
If I went nuts and decided to buy a cue from someone on this Forum i would check them out with Cuesblues first.
I've seen too many bad deals in the 9 or so years I've been a member.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kudos to AZB!

Been reading this thread with interest; Thanks to all of you here at AZB who helped with your postings and suggestions..........I am sure it definitely helped the OP get his cue back.....

rbrtjs3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good info

Thanks to nsafellow for posting what happened. It’s obvious that engineman had no intention of doing the right thing until he felt some heat. For him to say otherwise defies logic. If he had good intentions he would not have sent a broken cue in the first place. And he certainly wouldn’t have refused to return nsafellow’s cue, and call him a “little dickhead” if he was a decent guy. I am glad to know what kind of person he is and to know not to ever do business with him. As an army retiree I find it very disappointing that a service member would behave in a way that is such an embarrassment to any branch of the military. (If he is actually in the military). Shame.

nsafellow, I hope you will come back and update if and when you receive your cue. I hope it works out.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nsafellow, I hope you will come back and update if and when you receive your cue. I hope it works out.

I bought a thing or two from nsa. Good person to deal with. Seems to be a reputable person.

engineman76

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you. Next time i am home in Baton rouge i will give my number please pay me a visit iwould be happy to discuss

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had done something this stupid & was trying to keep the Postal Inspectors & my Cap'n off my a$$, I would immediately post a tracking # and shipping label. Everyone has already seen both names and addresses, nothing secret there.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I have a feeling ShortBussRuss saved the day here. Nice handling of the situation, sir.

Awww shucks.... :grin-square:

That being said, let's cool it with the heat on him, everyone. You are not helping OP's situation at this particular point in time.

The deal has not been made right, yet. Give it a little time, wait for an update.

Short Bus Russ