ORCOLLO v BIADO (Race to 100/ 10 Ball) $40K at stake (15-17March2019)

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see why most players prefer the “race to X, best 2 out of 3” format. Day 1 put Biado in too big of a hole, but he ended up taking 2 of the 3 sets in a race to 30 I believe.

Being down 14 games to Dennis is like fighting a grizzly bear with a fly swatter. Just a litttle to much to overcome for Biado but he almost got there. What an effort. No quit in either of those two.

Kilroy

Registered
Anyone know if there are plans to make this match available for purchase later on? For example, on vimeo or DVD? Didn't get to watch it due to the time difference, but i'd sure love to see it. Sounds like it was a classic.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if there are plans to make this match available for purchase later on? For example, on vimeo or DVD? Didn't get to watch it due to the time difference, but i'd sure love to see it. Sounds like it was a classic.

I'll see what I can find out for you. This match is worth watching and studying if you want to see Ten Ball at it's best, played by two great players. They make the game look like 9-Ball with all the excellent run outs from everywhere. A lot of great shot making and really nice position play. It's rare to see a match with two players both at the top of their game. It was a war for the heavyweight championship of the Philippines, and that carries some huge weight and bragging rights over there. Not to mention some serious money on the line. The 2,000,000 ($40,000 US) pesos was the real number in this match. I'm sure that much and more was bet on the side over there. I saw some high rollers sweating the action.

Kilroy

Registered
I'll see what I can find out for you. This match is worth watching and studying if you want to see Ten Ball at it's best, played by two great players. They make the game look like 9-Ball with all the excellent run outs from everywhere. A lot of great shot making and really nice position play. It's rare to see a match with two players both at the top of their game. It was a war for the heavyweight championship of the Philippines, and that carries some huge weight and bragging rights over there. Not to mention some serious money on the line. The 2,000,000 ($40,000 US) pesos was the real number in this match. I'm sure that much and more was bet on the side over there. I saw some high rollers sweating the action.

Thank you so much, Jay! Very much appreciated, and agree that this match is worth seeing. I'm sure others would be very interested in purchasing it as well!

Coincidentally, i am re-reading your first book Pool Wars this week! Cheers, sir.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Orcollo - Biado

Day 1 -- 35 - 21 (winning percentage for Orcollo 63%)
Day 2 -- 35 - 39 (47%)
Day 3 -- 30 - 34 (47%)

Total -- 100 - 94 (52%)

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So....?

Congrats to Dennis. In the big scheme of things, what does this match mean? No one ran away with it and if they play again next week Carlo could win. They are that close in their rotation games.

Now lets see them take on Shane in a 10 Ball race to 100!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Dennis. In the big scheme of things, what does this match mean? No one ran away with it and if they play again next week Carlo could win. They are that close in their rotation games.

Now lets see them take on Shane in a 10 Ball race to 100!

That short race to 9 doesn't say much between two world class players.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spoke with Darwin B. the promoter of this match. He says that this match will be available for viewing on their website (pinoypoolmaster.com) in about two weeks. They want to edit it and add some interviews and other extra stuff. You will able to download the entire match for a very reasonable price (under $10). That's over 20 hours of great pool shooting, a real bargain.

Kilroy

Registered
Spoke with Darwin B. the promoter of this match. He says that this match will be available for viewing on their website (pinoypoolmaster.com) in about two weeks. They want to edit it and add some interviews and other extra stuff. You will able to download the entire match for a very reasonable price (under $10). That's over 20 hours of great pool shooting, a real bargain.

Thank you so much for the quick follow-up, Jay! This is incredible news. I can't wait to watch the match.

Thanks so much yet again!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I can see why most players prefer the “race to X, best 2 out of 3” format. Day 1 put Biado in too big of a hole, but he ended up taking 2 of the 3 sets in a race to 30 I believe.

I subscribe to this viewpoint.
Races to 100 don’t thrill me....if I was there live....I would only watch portions of it.

A match that long?...races to 21....best three out of five sets.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

The problem with that is, Dennis would've won more games but still lost $$$$.

The player who won more games got the $$$$ doing it long race - which is the way it should be.
Jason

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with that is, Dennis would've won more games but still lost $$$$.

The player who won more games got the $$$$ doing it long race - which is the way it should be.
Jason

Not for certainty

Dennis would've won set 1.
Probably set 2 too if we restarted the set count after Dennis first made it to 21 since day 1 ended 35-21.

On the last day, at one point Dennis was up another 17 after biado got it within 7-8. It wasn't till near the end
that Carlos got it close.
So my guess race to 21, it might've gone 3-1 or 3-2 Dennis.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...

Is Dennis the best pressure player pool has right now? Is he the current best ever all around player? Is he and not Efren the GOAT?.

Some one tell me, because I don't know!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex can play some too.

But Dennis has more fire power in rotation than Alex. Dennis' break has improved a lot since he played Shane.

Dennis also ran 260+ straight pool on that tight Diamond at DCC.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex can play some too.

But Dennis has more fire power in rotation than Alex. Dennis' break has improved a lot since he played Shane.

Dennis also ran 260+ straight pool on that tight Diamond at DCC.
SVB said him and Dennis will never happen again.

Not sure exactly what Dennis did to piss Shane off but whatever it was, it was bad enough in Shane's mind to never play him again in a action match :shrug:

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Dennis and Alex are certainly two of the best out there. Both are champions and winners, at the peak of their careers right now! As for me, I'd like to see them play an all around match. There is definitely a rivalry there. Let's just say they don't room together.

The problem would be arranging such a match. That won't be easy to do.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB said him and Dennis will never happen again.

Not sure what Dennis did to piss Shane off but whatever it was it was bad enough in Shane's mind to never play him again in a action match :shrug:

Terry, that one went both ways. They both have responsibility in what went down.