4ea Diamond 5'x10' ProAms in the making.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just thought I'd mention that I just talked to Greg yesterday, and we'll be starting the project of building 4 Diamond 5'x10' ProAms once I get a little time to stay at the factory for a little while. Two of the ProAms will have one piece 1" slate....while the last 2 will be fitted with one piece 30mm (1/3/16") thick slates. Greg wants to name the table the "WOW" Diamond..
from a pool players aspect....but from a mechanic's perspective....I thought "HOLY SHIT, who's going to move them in one piece....might be more appropriate...:D

Glen

PS. I talked to Shane, he told me he'd play Earl again on one of these 5'x10' Diamond ProAms with Pro cut pockets....and he told me to bet on him....because Earl had NO chance to beat him on a REAL 5'x10' pool table...with REAL pocket dementions!!!;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just thought I'd mention that I just talked to Greg yesterday, and we'll be starting the project of building 4 Diamond 5'x10' ProAms once I get a little time to stay at the factory for a little while. Two of the ProAms will have one piece 1" slate....while the last 2 will be fitted with one piece 30mm (1/3/16") thick slates. Greg wants to name the table the "WOW" Diamond..
from a pool players aspect....but from a mechanic's perspective....I thought "HOLY SHIT, who's going to move them in one piece....might be more appropriate...:D

Glen

PS. I talked to Shane, he told me he'd play Earl again on one of these 5'x10' Diamond ProAms with Pro cut pockets....and he told me to bet on him....because Earl had NO chance to beat him on a REAL 5'x10' pool table...with REAL pocket dementions!!!;)

That will be nice to see...a 5x10 one piece slate....
I hate slate lines...and unfair pockets.

If Shane and Earl play on it...I'll bet on the guy from the South....

...South Dakota

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate stupid comments

that will be nice to see...a 5x10 one piece slate....
I hate slate lines...and unfair pockets.

If shane and earl play on it...i'll bet on the guy from the south....

...south dakota

give me a break

SLIM

tksix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HA..........This is cool stuff!! Next thing you know, 14.1 will be back as the Championship game!!!

Mike

Nibroc

Nibroc
Silver Member
awesome

well this is great cant wait to see them in the future and some championship play going down on them.

ARE these 4 kind of just for feel glen then maybe theyll start making more of them?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
well this is great cant wait to see them in the future and some championship play going down on them.

ARE these 4 kind of just for feel glen then maybe theyll start making more of them?

I'll say this....it's a start, where it goes from there...all depends on room owners wanting to buy at least one...for the ultimate table to play on;)

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought they were both playing on the same table

earl has no chance of beating shane on a real 5'x10' pocket pool table... Period!! Playing on a converted snooker table was a circus act at its best!:cool:

i just can’t figure out how the pockets were unfair to only one player.

They were both playing on the same table.

I don’t think those kind of comments lead to anything positive.

I did not hear shane complaining about the table, so why do people even bring it up.

It seems that playing on that 10 footer has brought to be some good results.

Would diamond be even thinking about making these tables if that game had not taken place?

Let’s stay positive,

SLIM

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Just thought I'd mention that I just talked to Greg yesterday, and we'll be starting the project of building 4 Diamond 5'x10' ProAms...

Glen
That is exactly what I hoped would happen.

One table could go to the east coast, a couple in the mid-west and then one on the west coast... or a similar distribution.

That way, big time challenges could be played on the best 5' x 10' equipment available... across the US. I foresee more big time matches on those four tables.

I like it. :thumbup:

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he told me to bet on him....because Earl had NO chance to beat him on a REAL 5'x10' pool table...with REAL pocket dementions!!!;)

Shane is my favorite player in the world next to Efren and Busty

However, he said the same thing about beating Earl in an interview on video, prior to that match.

chicken ranch

strong "5" weak"6"
Silver Member

Glen

I want one! how much?

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

so thats shane excuse for losing to earlthey didnt play on a diamond table.

shane didn't make any excuses for losing that match.

It sure would be nice to just discuss the 10 footers being made by diamond.

SLIM

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Earl has NO chance of beating Shane on a REAL 5'x10' pocket pool table... period!! Playing on a converted snooker table was a circus act at its best!:cool:

I believe Shane practiced on that circus table for a while before their match. He didn't think there was a problem on it then - or he would have said something. Apparently, there's a problem now after he lost? I watched the match -- Shane missed the pocket by a ton on most shots (that were nearly straight in). Was that really the table's fault? He played terrible.

To say Earl has ZERO chance of beating Shane on a Diamond 5x10 after Earl won convincingly on a non-Diamond 5x10 is lunacy.

If Earl has NO chance, I don't think I'm out of line to ask for 10-1 on my money, and I'll pick Earl.

:) I'm a big fan RKC, btw. We just highly disagree on your statement, that's all. Hope you have a good weekend.

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With regular cut pockets I see Earl vs SVB real close on the 10ft. If RKC makes the pockets 4.25" or less Earl will win easy again.