Aramith measel cueball size

poke&hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing on a gold crown recently with I would guess brunswick balls. I borrowed a measel ball (aramith cueball) from my son inlaw because thats what you see being played with now.

I tossed it on the table and it looked larger than the object balls. Are the Brunswick balls and the aramith balls a different size? I measured the measel cueball and it was close to 2 1/4 inch.

If different I guess you would neeed aramith balls to match the measelball size ?

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Regulation balls are 2 1/4 inch in diameter. Aramith balls are held to very
close tolerances and Brunswick balls are made by the same company.

Put the measel ball between 2 Burnswick and place a ruler over all 3 balls.
The ruler should touch all 3 balls if they are the same size.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
They are all the same size when new.

They change size after years of play.

The cue ball might be slightly larger is it's newer.

jwpretd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What branpureza noted is especially true of cue balls, and one-balls where rotation games are played a lot.

RackOnTour

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem mentioned is accelerated if the balls are polished regularly in a mechanical ball polisher.

The resin compound in the newest Aramith balls has a more consistent density than that used previously. There will still be shrinkage due to friction and wear, but as the technology and manufacturing processes are refined, the rate of surface attrition is reduced. A new set of Aramith balls will take longer again to get to the same worn state. This generation's balls are likely to outlast the players.

Last edited: