Don't Need No Stinking Glove

Pangit

Banned
As a pool purest... call it "old school". I like to feel the wood with both hands. I'm really disappointed that SVB went over to the dark side. It's taken several months to digest.

I can't even imagine Efren Reyes shooting pool with a glove. Simple man as he is, preferably no wrap on the stick, A craftsman in every sense of the word. Fully in touch with the tools of his trade. The glove is like an artificial barrier. And there is always the gay factor.

Last edited:

kano

Unbelievable!!!!!
Silver Member
so Ronnie Alcano is a punk ass ***** too then? u don't know how sweaty different people can get. so we should also put an asterisk next to shane's name because he uses a glove? i'll personally fly shane and his glove to the P.I. to play you for whatever you have in your life savngs.

Last edited:

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your kidding me. Anything that helps his game should be welcomed. Have you ever tried a glove? Sure beats powder all over the table. On a lighter side I am a purist also, we should all be naked like Adam and Eve.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
I know a guy who's probably 6'3 240 lbs. That uses a glove. I love to be there when you said he looked gay with that glove on. Because I think it would be funny watching you picking pieces of that glove out of you skull.

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
As a pool purest... call it "old school". I like to feel the wood with both hands. I'm really disappointed that SVB went over to the dark side. It's taken several months to digest.

I can't even imagine Efren Reyes shooting pool with a glove. Simple man as he is, preferably no wrap on the stick, A craftsman in every sense of the word. Fully in touch with the tools of his trade. The glove is like an artificial barrier. And there is always the gay factor.

I saw Shane shoot a match where he was using hand powder/chalk very frequently. So his hands do sweat and I would think the heat from TV lights add to the issue.

Lucky for me, I dont have a sweaty hand problem. But if my hands did sweat, I would choose a glove over powder. Powder is too messy.

Does talcum powder cause cancer???
http://www.google.com/search?sclien...l30916l33l8l11l5l7l1l1430l2379l1.4.1.7-1l19l0

Last edited:

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just a tool, use it when you need it. Bet the "old time " golfers
that never had gloves would use one if they played today.

Autist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a guy who's probably 6'3 240 lbs. That uses a glove. I love to be there when you said he looked gay with that glove on. Because I think it would be funny watching you picking pieces of that glove out of you skull.

Why would someone brutally murder someone for calling them gay?

And yes, people with sweaty hands need the glove, this thread is pointless.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I poo pooed the glove for years... I kept some powder close. One day out of desperation, I bought a glove.

Wouldn't do without one now. I still feel the cue, it slides ever so smooth through my bridge...

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Fingerslides offer a nice alternative to the glove and to the powder. I use them on occasion when it's really hot in the pool room. They are a life saver for sure and beats having to use the powder before every shot.

img298554a82209189484.jpg

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am secure enough in my manhood not to have to worry about what homophobes call me on internet forums. I am a glove wearer sometimes. Call me a transglovite. :)

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never saw that only queers wore gloves , but then again I'm not looking for queers.

Lots of sportsmen use gloves...

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member

lmao! just to add insult to injury tell your buddy to use a pink glove that day:grin-square:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Fingerslides offer a nice alternative to the glove and to the powder. I use them on occasion when it's really hot in the pool room. They are a life saver for sure and beats having to use the powder before every shot.

img298554a82209189484.jpg

How do the slides work with a closed bridge where the pointer sits on the middle finger? I am not a fan of the old school bridge where the pointer sits on the thumb unless it modified like Earl's where the thumb rides low on the outside of the thumb...........

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always made fun of my league team members that wore gloves... but always in good fun. They look silly, you have to admit that much. When the AC "went out" (aka the bar owner was too cheap to turn it on) and it was 85-90 degrees inside the bar, I bought a glove to keep in my case for times like that.

I would wear a googly-eyed elephant g-string on my hand and a shirt with double ended dildos all over it if it made me shoot like SVB.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So few halls have rock talc these days...baby powder, etc goes everywhere...talc bags make a mess, too. I tried a glove several years back because I kept losing my talc bag and the room didn't furnish anything. Took a week or so to get used to, but now, I can't play without one....recently, I cant play WITH one, either, but I digress...

Joe

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
How do the slides work with a closed bridge where the pointer sits on the middle finger? I am not a fan of the old school bridge where the pointer sits on the thumb unless it modified like Earl's where the thumb rides low on the outside of the thumb...........

I use the finger slides and a crossover bridge. I hate gloves but these finger slides are the best.... bar none.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I use the finger slides and a crossover bridge. I hate gloves but these finger slides are the best.... bar none.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks Spidey... I have been wanting to order some but I am working on a complete change to crossover and was waiting until I had a chance to get some feedback.....