Who is your favorite and least favorite Pinoy Pro

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I consider Alex a Canadian pro, I'd say Efren and Django are my favourite Pinoy pros. Dennis would be my least favourite, although he's a hell of a player.

I need to see more of the new generation (Chua, Biado, Ignacio etc) to really pick one of them.

Gideon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My favorite player to watch is Alex. He is never boring and just plays so amazingly well when he's on. He was the only player to really give Shane a race for his money in TAR match long match gambling. I also watch anything Dennis is in - I really like Orcullo as a player and as a person.

While there are few great players I don't like watching, to me, Ronnie Alcano was not very exciting to watch.

Last edited:

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pinoy,s?

Older players Jose Pirica for the cash then comes Alex. Efren in tournaments .

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren is everyone's favorite...mine also but second is carlo.... I like watching all the pinoys but i guess dennis is my least favorite because of his attitude at times. But even then, still love his game

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
Efren because hes well Efren...... I also really like watching Ronnie Alcano play when hes on. Least favorite would have to be whoever it was that Skyler was playing recently in the Philippines, his mannerisms and before shot routine were disturbing to watch. That being said he did make just about everything he shot at.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren because hes well Efren...... I also really like watching Ronnie Alcano play when hes on. Least favorite would have to be whoever it was that Skyler was playing recently in the Philippines, his mannerisms and before shot routine were disturbing to watch. That being said he did make just about everything he shot at.

efren/busty favourite players - like ignacio from the younger generation

dont like Alcano well because when he called the foul on shane and also the alleged child abuse case
Dont like dennis because his attitude his awful sore loser and not good for the game - at CWO open last month guy from my team tried to talk to him and Dennis just looked like threw him without missing a step, but there is several highly talked about incidents where he has been bad sportsman or just bad person

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well..

Hard not to pick Efren as a favorite, but Alex is probably as entertaining as any player out there.

All my sports heroes have to display greatness and be humble whether winning or loosing. That is the mark of a true champion.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate Efren........said no one ever ...not even all the pros he has beaten lol. Obviously he would be tops for most... don't like Dennis his attitude around the table is not humble .

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jose Parica was my original favorite. He's one of the players that got me hooked watching the game back in the mid 2000s. His demeanor at the table is too cool for words.

Alex is a close second. A great showman and I have never laughed more watching a match than watching Alex. Great fun.

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorite - Efren of course, and Ignacio, love that dude's game.

Least favorite - Dennis, can't stand how he appears to give up sometimes and toss the cue around

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren Reyes is the only player I would care to see play
I have seen him and he amazes me,I even like his boyish enjoyment of the game
when he misses

I can hardly name many others so its nothing personal

efren is to pool what babe ruth was to baseball

Last edited:

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like watching all of them play pool. But I got to play poker against Alex, Efren, and Jose Parica several times at the Riviera during the BCAPL Nationals.

Parica was a tight machine on the poker table, and very quiet. The only emotion I saw out of Jose was laughter at Alex. The Lion was always the most talkative person at the table. He talked so much you'd swear he wasn't paying attention to what was going on. But he was. He's a sneaky good poker player. I won the most money off of Efren. I only saw Reyes on the poker table a few times. He was usually playing Pai Gow.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
dont like Alcano well because when he called the foul on shane and also the alleged child abuse case

Please note that the "child abuse" case was a setup to extort money from him after he won $100,000 in world 9-ball. i've seen/met ronnie a lot of times as early as 1998 and to be honest, he is a very nice person. a really gentle person - that's why a lot of people love to joke at him because of his easy-going and relaxed attitude. nevertheless, those allegations of rape, or abuse, or harassment were not really proven. so please do not judge.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FAVORITE
Efren
Buste
Parica
Alcano
Jeff Ignacio
Johann Chua

Efren, Parica and Alcano I like their relaxed laid back style and the way they swagger around the table. Ignacio -love his one stroke. Buste and Chua- just their firepower, breaks and intense concentration

LEAST FAVORITE
Lee Van- never smiles and scowls all time like you killed his dog. Lays blame on Orcollo when they were partners at WCOP

:grin:

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I googled it and I'm still not certain. How do you pronounce "Pinoy"?

Where is the accent?

Don't wanna get the acCENT on the wrong syLABle....

Long or short I. OY like toy?

Last edited: