What's Happening in Louisville?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today is January 3rd, and I would imagine that folks are starting to arrive at the 2007 Derby City Classic in Louisville, Kentucky.

I heard that the weather in Louisville is going to be in the 50's and 60's, which is quite nice for this time of year.

So anyone who has access to a computer, inquiring minds gotta know what's happening. Who's matching up? Who are the first to arrive?

Thanks in advance to any AzB-ers who can provide some info!:)

JAM

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Is this confirmation that you all are not going to be able to attend this year?

I'm sure a lot of AZ'ers were hoping you guys could make it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
Is this confirmation that you all are not going to be able to attend this year?

I'm sure a lot of AZ'ers were hoping you guys could make it.

I am not going to be able to make it because of work-related activities this week. We were hoping that, if time allowed, we could make the 12-hour drive and attend for a few days. Keith's best friend is going to be there, from what I have been told.

There will be no shortage of action there, and I will enjoy reading all about it. Hopefully, some kind souls will post up some trip reports. I know Diana Hoppe will be there snapping pictures, which is one of my favorite treats. She is absolutely the BEST!

JAM

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I have not spoken to RL in a while but I was hoping he was still planning on making the trip.

Hope you get to slide down for a few days.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
I have not spoken to RL in a while but I was hoping he was still planning on making the trip.

Hope you get to slide down for a few days.

Yep. Me, too! :)

BTW, there's a full moon tonight! Funny things happen when there's a full moon, and I'd imagine that on the eve of opening night at the DCC, there will be non-stop excitement. :cool:

I remember my first DCC experience. We drove through the ice-covered mountains of West Virginia, 12 long hours, finally arriving in good old Louisville. Rolling into the parking lot, we entered the HUGE lobby of the Executive West Hotel. I mean, it was BIG. The furnishings were representative of the Bluegrass State, lots of wood trimmings, giving it kind of a warm and cozy feel. :p

When we checked into our room, the first thing I set my eyes on was that rocking chair. I thought, I'm going to like it around these parts, but I never did get to set a spell in that rocking chair. Matter of fact, the whole week, I'd be surprised if I got 10 hours of sleep. :eek:

Who can stay in their room when they're attending the DCC!? Watching the various players from around the world rolling in the front lobby opening night, it was like a Who's Who in pool. This is the pool mecca of the year. Some folks make this their once-a-year event and wouldn't miss it for anything. :)

So, even though I'm sitting here at my computer, procrastinating my workload here at home, I am getting a little anxious to read all about it! :D

JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Favorite DCC Picture!

The up-curl of Tony "T-Rex" Chohan's lip says it all! :D

Attachments

• money_shot_at_DCC[2].jpg
    money_shot_at_DCC[2].jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,093

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
They're lucky there wasn't a waffle house nearby.:rolleyes:

Hey, that picture was taken the SAME year of the Waffle House robbery, taken the LAST day of the DCC! :eek:

JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BANKONIT said:
24 Hours Until Liftoff.

Tonight, they'll be coming in by the droves! I'm kind of thinking there will be some noteworthy happenings on the eve of the DCC. At least I hope so! :D

JAM

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
What kind of action goes on at the other hotel? I never went over there last year. I'm staying there this year.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Hal said:
What kind of action goes on at the other hotel? I never went over there last year. I'm staying there this year.
All of the BCA league tournaments and events as well as the DCC bar table mini tournaments. A little action happens over there too.:cool:

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
I heard that the weather in Louisville is going to be in the 50's and 60's, which is quite nice for this time of year.
Great news for us smokers, it was much colder last year. Of course the year before, I was smoking in the landing with Tony Stewart, which was kind of cool.

Get your horse out of the stable and get on over to Louisville. :rolleyes:

Tracy

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hal said:
Look on the bright side, your only a short walk away.

See ya there, this weekend.
Tracy

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What? No reports? Surely, they all are awake by now. What happened last night? Any action?

While the Democrats are taking their own sweet time about taking control of Congress, I'm taking my own sweet time to check into the DCC forum.

Come on, AzB-ers. We want updates...NOW! Pretty please. :p

JAM

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No McCready?

Damn -McCready makes DCC worthwhile!

I wonder if I could go out to DC and kidnap the little bugger and put him in some action?

JAM - try to make the trip!

Your friend in pool,

Ken

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken_4fun said:
Damn -McCready makes DCC worthwhile!

bugger

Ken

It appears that u are a close pal to him and in that case it is OK to use that word.I hope that u know the true meaning of that archaic English word mostly used in UK and British common Wealth Countries. Cheers:D :D :D