Input on installed light..

BenRaines

Registered
Well after thinking about it for a while, I took the plunge and bought a pool light.

But after installing it, I think I might need a bigger light or something different.

I have attached two pictures.. The one where the light is bright is just the pool light. The other pic is the pool light off and another light being used for the picture.

When the pool light is on it looks like its covering the table, but when your on one end of the table it looks like there is a shadow at the other end.

I believe I'm going to have to get another light.

And if that's the case, what would you recommend I look for.

Table is a 4' x 8' Olhausen Table with Simonis cloth.

Attachments

• Pool1.JPG
    Pool1.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Pool table lights

Well after thinking about it for a while, I took the plunge and bought a pool light.

But after installing it, I think I might need a bigger light or something different.

I have attached two pictures.. The one where the light is bright is just the pool light. The other pic is the pool light off and another light being used for the picture.

When the pool light is on it looks like its covering the table, but when your on one end of the table it looks like there is a shadow at the other end.

Looks good if you like a bright room. I don't. Your loosing a lot of light with the glass sides and if it's tubes get a new light. If there are bulbs you might try something in a flood lamp style bulb. If you go the LED route with that you should be able to direct a lot of light on the table.

That said, head on over to ebay and pickup a light meter and measure the light at the corners and center of the table and follow the WPA specs on that for best results and less guessing.

https://wpapool.com/equipment-specifications/#Lights

BenRaines

Registered
Its stained glass on the sides with 3 bulbs on the inside.

I think your right its the sides that's not allowing it to get light on the ends.

I'll try and get a picture tomorrow with the inside of the light...

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of ceiling and what's the current circuit load? Home depot sells 2x4 LED drop ceiling tiles that are amazing. Being LED they won't dim much and don't dim to warm, but they are about 6 inches in depth and they do dim to the normal 80% as most LEDs do. They even let me open 1 up and try it, it's great.

$100
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...0?MERCH=REC-_-pipinstock-_-NA-_-305543510-_-N

$70
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Metalux...4700-Lumens-4000K-Cool-White-RT24FP/305053624

Sorry, I don't remember which 1 they let me try, but one has about a 4inch depth and the other 6inch.

I would choose to go this route because I like a lot of light and I know I'd get itchy and want to hang a camera.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
After looking at both pictures of the light, on and off, I can clearly see the problem. Keep the light as it is, just get rid of the table and install a 7ft in its place, then the light will be perfect🤣

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Light is too short. Bar-table light. You need a longer set-up.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What they said. I have a very similar light with 3 globe type bulbs over my 7 footer and it lights it perfectly.

BenRaines

Registered
Thanks everyone...

According to a website I looked at, they said a 40-60" light would work.
This one is 42".

But I think part of the issue is the bottom of the light on the ends fold in a little bit which doesn't allow the light to extend.

The pool light in the picture is bright because of how the picture was taken. It's not really that bright...

Any recommendations on a size or what I should be looking for..

Thanks everyone..