Who is the Best Young Gun? Shaw,Thorpe,Joshua Filler?

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love to see these Young Stars shoot,and develop their games. I know that there are many Great ,young Players Worldwide,and here in the States,such as Skyler Woodward and Justin Bergman. Do you see any of these Young Guns challenging Wu,Brothers Ko,Shane,Orcullo,or Alex anytime soon?

Wheels33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love to see these Young Stars shoot,and develop their games. I know that there are many Great ,young Players Worldwide,and here in the States,such as Skyler Woodward and Justin Bergman. Do you see any of these Young Guns challenging Wu,Brothers Ko,Shane,Orcullo,or Alex anytime soon?

Filler was really impressive in the Longoni Benelux Open over the weekend.

He looks like he has all the tools to be a really special player. Looking forward to seeing him in bigger tournaments in the future.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Funny thing is, as the young guns get older.....so do the OLD guns, so there's always going to be a passing lane coming up sooner or later:grin:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Klenti Kaci from Albania. He's only 18 and no one in New York wants to play him.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I am also impressed with Kaci's game, Klenti has a very mature mental game and will be terrorizing his peers soon.

Phil Burford was someone I thought would be making a big splash in the American pool scene after seeing him play well in 2013. I have not heard much about Phil in the last few years.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If those 3 names played a round robin race to 100, would anyone really not believe that Jayson Shaw would not come out on top right now? Agree with the rest of the thread though and can't really say that Shaw is a young gun. He's 30 or near it and has been around a while.

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Of those 3 it is Joshua Filler who is the straightest shooter of them all (yes, Shaw included). As a pure shooter I rank Joshua along Wu and Earl in his prime. As of now Joshua doesnt have equally strong defence to his attack game but that is just a matter of time if he works on that part of his game. Also Joshua is still prone to mental errors which may cost him match here and there. I believe if Joshua keeps working on his weaknesses he will attack world championships crown in 2-3 years.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of those 3 it is Joshua Filler who is the straightest shooter of them all (yes, Shaw included). As a pure shooter I rank Joshua along Wu and Earl in his prime. As of now Joshua doesnt have equally strong defence to his attack game but that is just a matter of time if he works on that part of his game. Also Joshua is still prone to mental errors which may cost him match here and there. I believe if Joshua keeps working on his weaknesses he will attack world championships crown in 2-3 years.
Filler is super strong, but he shoots soooo fast. Even Shaw can slow his game down from time to time. I'd love to see Joshua do that.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I honestly dont know how you can shoot any straighter than 200mph full table center pocket like Shaw does.
Jason

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filler is super strong, but he shoots soooo fast. Even Shaw can slow his game down from time to time. I'd love to see Joshua do that.

Filler is already a force to be reckoned with at any tournament he enters.

Joshua is only 19, turns 20 next month, and is engaged to be married.

He seems much more mature than his years, and if he dedicates himself to the sport, I have little doubt that he will win many world titles.