What are the current hot Pool/Billiards/Cue Sports Magazines?

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I went to the website of my old standby, Billiards Digest, and my browser told me their website may have been hacked.
Certainly it looked like an old and abandoned website with a very old feel to it.

I went to "Inside Pool" and same story.
It gives the current date but there's no current content and the website itself look very dated.

This almost feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went to the website of my old standby, Billiards Digest, and my browser told me their website may have been hacked.
Certainly it looked like an old and abandoned website with a very old feel to it.

I went to "Inside Pool" and same story.
It gives the current date but there's no current content and the website itself look very dated.

This almost feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone.
I recommend that you get a subscription to BD. The print version has lots of stuff that's not on-line. The website is updated, but I suspect that flashy costs.

Inside pool stopped publishing around four years ago. Here is a site with their most recent mags: https://issuu.com/insidepoolmag

The other glossy pool magazine that's still in business is Pool & Billiard.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Thanks Bob. BD was my favorite for a long time.

I used to love George Fels's column "Tips & Shafts". I actually used to start my reading of the magazine with his column.

THANX!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

I used to love George Fels's column "Tips & Shafts". I actually used to start my reading of the magazine with his column.

THANX!

Thanks for posting this, I have also been thinking of resubscribing to BD I would hate to see them stop publishing .

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I just went to Magazines.com which was required to subscribe to Billiards Digest as I couldn't get their website to even respond this time.
Glad it happened that way. They had a $5 off promo code "LUCKY".

I also subscribed to Pool & Billiards Magazine. I made it a separate transaction and received $5 off that subscription as well.

Thanx again Bob! Best, -Z-

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recommend that you get a subscription to BD. The print version has lots of stuff that's not on-line. The website is updated, but I suspect that flashy costs.

Inside pool stopped publishing around four years ago. Here is a site with their most recent mags: https://issuu.com/insidepoolmag

The other glossy pool magazine that's still in business is Pool & Billiard.

Thanks, Bob! I had no idea so many of the inside pool magazines are still out there.

Anyone happen to have a 2009 September inside pool? There’s a special article in there: Abe Rich.

October 2009 is the Sugartree article.

I lent these two to someone and never saw them again :(

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

THANX!

They still publish Fels' column on the back page, running it as kind of a "Best of" series. If you're wanting long-form stories and feature articles, Billiard Digest is your best option.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Anyone happen to have a 2009 September inside pool? There’s a special article in there: Abe Rich.

October 2009 is the Sugartree article.

I happen to have extra copies of those. I'd be glad to trade them for issues I'm missing, which are:
2009 Dec
2010 Jan
2012 Nov Dec
2013 Jan Feb May/June Jul/Aug

InsidePoolCovers 001.jpg

Last edited:

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went to Magazines.com which was required to subscribe to Billiards Digest as I couldn't get their website to even respond this time.
Glad it happened that way. They had a $5 off promo code "LUCKY".

I also subscribed to Pool & Billiards Magazine. I made it a separate transaction and received $5 off that subscription as well.

Thanx again Bob! Best, -Z-

DJ,

Took me about 3mins on the BD website to subscribe for a year at $28. From what I could see on magazines.com it was 12 Issues: $48.00 You Save 33%. Minus the $5 discount it would still cost $43 from what I saw. I may have missed something though.

Keith

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
DJ,

Took me about 3mins on the BD website to subscribe for a year at $28. From what I could see on magazines.com it was 12 Issues: $48.00 You Save 33%. Minus the $5 discount it would still cost $43 from what I saw. I may have missed something though.

Keith
Keith, Thank you for letting me know. I'm going to see what I can do about that. I couldn't even get on their website last night.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy it through Amazon

You can get print magazine subscriptions through amazon? I'm looking to send a printed pool magazine subscription to my friend on Vacation. I know they accept direct mailings from Amazon for books. Is this the way to send magazines?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith, Thank you for letting me know. I'm going to see what I can do about that. I couldn't even get on their website last night.

You're most welcome. I enjoy getting on their site and going back through the old Fels columns.

Keith

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
You're most welcome. I enjoy getting on their site and going back through the old Fels columns.

Keith

Fels was just so awesome. He was a gifted writer. It wasn't so much what he was writing about as it was the way he wrote. -Z-

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fels..........................

George was the Dan Jenkins of pool. His immersion in the game gave him insight like few, if any(no offense JayH.), others had. Reading his stuff made you feel like you're at the 'hall sweating the action.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George was the Dan Jenkins of pool. His immersion in the game gave him insight like few, if any(no offense JayH.), others had. Reading his stuff made you feel like you're at the 'hall sweating the action.

Any thread started by Jay is a must read for me as are any posts that I find in threads started by others.

Keith

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your going to the expo they usually have a booth and run a $20 subscription deal for billiards digest.