I must have been dreaming

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just had a minute the other day and was looking on here, thought I saw
something about why women don't win big tournaments against men.
Now I can't find it. I have never seen this discussed before on AZ and
it has always intrigued me. One other thing, have you guys ever wondered
how much difference using a certain brand of cue effects a pro player.
jack

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just had a minute the other day and was looking on here, thought I saw
something about why women don't win big tournaments against men.
Now I can't find it. I have never seen this discussed before on AZ and
it has always intrigued me. One other thing, have you guys ever wondered
jack

:D It is indeed an intriguing issue and one that deserves to be discussed at length on a billiards forum. Surprising that a forum devoted to those with a passion for such a niche form of entertainment should descend into a conversation invaded by nobheads with gender issues. Having said that, I still think there is hope for humanity.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP was genuinely curious. He was given heads up that the topic usually gets ugly. He watched as it got ugly and then asked the moderators to delete his thread as he regretted creating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started the thread, but after it turned a little ugly I asked the mod's to delete it. Some things you just can't have an intelligent conversation about

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started the thread, but after it turned a little ugly I asked the mod's to delete it. Some things you just can't have an intelligent conversation about
Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't recall that thread getting ugly, certainly no different than most other topics on here that get many varied responses / opinions.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to getting personally offended, the bar is so low it makes it all but impossible to have conversations about anything of substance.

Something must be wrong with me because it's just about impossible to offend me.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't recall that thread getting ugly, certainly no different than most other topics on here that get many varied responses / opinions.

even had a couple of people comment on that 'I should expect it to get ugly, and I was naive to think it wouldn't'...usually the same people who really have nothing to contribute, and it was our monthly "women against men" time again..it wasn't meant to be a sexist thing. I'll just stick to topics like somebody walking away after checking the rack, or which LD shaft is best

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hey...should have left it rolling(no pun). I think it was going well and enjoying it. Interesting what Fran had to say. As for turning ugly there are a few posters that bring stress to where there is none but sadly some people refuse to remain silent and be thought of as a fool...rather speak and leave no doubt about it.

Last edited:

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't that I was offended, I'm pretty thick skinned, but I didn't want it to go that way and have other people, especially women, be offended

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It wasn't that I was offended, I'm pretty thick skinned, but I didn't want it to go that way and have other people, especially women, be offended

Very gracious of you.... but to repeat most of us thought is was going well and constructive. As for me the first time I saw women compete was at the 1st SBE. Has nothing to do with men vs women. A great player is a great player. Feel free to renew the thread. Women players will handle whatever is posted. Most of them handle themselves very well. They take crap from us guys (j/k) all the time.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

JC

Coos Cues

It's sometimes only after ugliness rears it's head that discussions get real and the gems start appearing. That thread wasn't even nearing ugly.

Have you seen the time clock jen thread? Now that one is an ugly motherfather.

JC

Last edited:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Exactly! :D

JC

Coos Cues
One other thing, have you guys ever wondered
jack

If someone gives it to them for free and they can sell it after the blackjack table or slot machine took the last of their meager winnings it seems to affect them positively. Otherwise it seems like it's the indian, not the arrow.

JC

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

That’s why I said what I said, among other people’s similar posts.

The thread comes up once every so many months, and it always gets ugly. Even if you wanted to put some intelligent discussion on it, even though some of us have experience at sociology, athletic coaching, bio mechanics, and watch and participate in thousands of professional matches, it gets ugly. People get butt hurt, and people get sexist.

I have no doubt that in person, you and I among some others could have a seriously intelligent discussion on this topic. I also have no doubt that there are some people on here that couldn’t have an intelligent discussion on this topic to save their life. That would include me at times.

Freddie <~~~ saving myself