Krown Cues - The Truth

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The owner of Crack Custom Cues posted this missive earlier today. I would have preferred to ignore it if it were not filled with half-truths and bs.

Past customers still pop-up here and there to complain or simply state they have not received refunds. His waiting list exceeds 100 for cues with deposits or paid in full and until Sunday admitted to not working on any orders since November despite building auction cues at a rate of 1 to 1 1/2 per week.

Someone recently did the math on the total of deposits paid based on the refund schedule posted on KrownCues.com and determined the average prepaid amount to be $700 which would total over $70,000.

He also posted a warning to customers that anyone who bothered him about orders would have their name removed from the waiting list and placed on the refund list. Not granted a refund, just placed on the refund list.

Remember, he didn't grant refunds four years ago, he instructed customers to file claims through PayPal.

His transparency stops at the slightest criticism as evidenced by the last image which is of a response to his post that he deleted.

Attachments

• IMG_2068[1].jpg
    IMG_2068[1].jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 2,661
  • IMG_2069[1].jpg
    IMG_2069[1].jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 2,629
  • IMG_2070[1].jpg
    IMG_2070[1].jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 2,613
  • IMG_2072[1].PNG
    IMG_2072[1].PNG
    187.2 KB · Views: 2,617
Last edited:

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dealt with him on one cue about 2 years ago. Worst experience in 10 plus years of buying and selling cues. Wouldn't take one of his cues if he gave it to me fee of charge.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I dealt with him on one cue about 2 years ago. Worst experience in 10 plus years of buying and selling cues. Wouldn't take one of his cues if he gave it to me fee of charge.

Fill us in please, there are 3 sides to every story. The sellers side, the buyers side, and the truth. We have heard a portion of the sellers side. How about the other?

YOUMUSTPOST

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He should change the name to Klown custom. Suits him better. Ass clown

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure. In a nutshell: commissioned a build, sent specs and received a firm date for production. Paid deposit and then the fun started. Was told so many different stories that started to contradict each other and despite assurances that my cue was done, it had never been started. Ended up getting a “raffle” cue from him that I didn’t want just to have something to sell and get close to being whole again. Terrible experience, terrible communication and no scruples about lying about things to try and smooth them over.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
🤡 custom cues ....nobody had ever heard of him before the last 3-4 years on Facebook. What a liar and loser.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to read this. Cuemakers(and a lot of craftsman) get too busy and everyone gets hosed.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to read this. Cuemakers(and a lot of craftsman) get too busy and everyone gets hosed.

I spoke with a cue builder a couple weeks ago and was favorably impressed when they told me that they were not currently accepting orders until they cleared their current backlog. They did however take my contact information and a general description of what I wanted them to build for me.

This, while I sit here waiting for a pretty simple cue from another builder that's a few days from double the originally quoted completion date.

Ask me which one will be getting my business from now on.

Keith

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this guy have made over 2000 cues? Where are all those cues?
If he indeed has made over 2000 cues (" I have over 2000+ happy customers to date")
He must be one of the most prolific cue makers out there, yet he does not seem to have stocks of seasoned wood or the sheer amount of equipment you would think over 20 years of cue making would result in...

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I spoke with a cue builder a couple weeks ago and was favorably impressed when they told me that they were not currently accepting orders until they cleared their current backlog. They did however take my contact information and a general description of what I wanted them to build for me.

This, while I sit here waiting for a pretty simple cue from another builder that's a few days from double the originally quoted completion date.

Ask me which one will be getting my business from now on.

Keith

Happiness is a person that is good manager.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for Krown... I was enjoying his cue building & how to pin videos.

I have been done with customs for a few years from anyone.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
So this guy have made over 2000 cues? Where are all those cues?
If he indeed has made over 2000 cues (" I have over 2000+ happy customers to date")
He must be one of the most prolific cue makers out there, yet he does not seem to have stocks of seasoned wood or the sheer amount of equipment you would think over 20 years of cue making would result in...

perhaps he subs work out:)