New power for old Porpers

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
New motor mounted

Figured I would post my pictures of the motor upgrade here in case someone was doing searches on the forum.....
Porper B motor upgrade.jpg
Porper B motor upgrade 2.jpg
Porper B plate.jpg

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was reading this post with some interest, if you guys are interested the motor you are showing from what I can see is a clutch type motor that is used on large sewing machines. some of the distributers have gone away from those do to issues that would not concern a cue maker. there are newer motors that importers are now using on large sewing machines that also have a pully set up that increases torque considerably, the Cowboy type sewing machines use the type of motor, you can find a dealer in Dallas that sells the motor for the same or similar price you are referring to. there is a Cowboy sewing machine dealer in the Toledo OH area that sells them as well, the Toledo dealer is called Toledo industrial sewing machine the owners name is Bob, the Dallas dealer is called Solar leather, you can look up their web sites and see the motors they have as well as leather but remember these guys are about sewing machines and not building cues!