Any idea what this is?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting construction design. Very strange pin. The case has 4 different aluminum ferrules of various lengths. I find it ugly, but it’s interestong non the less

oUbR4IR.jpg

eLqxmpi.jpg

nrqe7PE.jpg

0kFedqY.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Absolutely stumped. The one thing I'll say is that the writing looks like With one I, or With one J...

Other than that, the bumper looks like early McDermott, but a bit too long.

It can't be an early McDermott. I've never seen a joint pin like that...

All the best,
WW

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I knew him. He was a master machinist who liked to make thing fit tight. He made the best screw on tip and ferrule system ever made. I was not crazy about his joint but it was really precision. Mr Wethered was a super smart man with all kinds of ideas that were outside the box. Do you want to sell it cheap? I would be interested just because we were friends.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.

Cool cue ID. :thumbup:

There is one other I found on AZB, and via Google it looks like he held at least one patent.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn’t buy it because it was not my cup of tea. I went back yesterday and it was gone, so someone must have found it aesthetically pleasing.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Lord that's an ugly cue. Sounds like it's well made, but still... Yikes. I like that cues like this exist though. Shows innovation

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went and had another quick search and it looks like he held at least three patents for pool cues.