Broken predator revo conclusion

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shipped my cracked revo back to predator last week. It arrived there yesterday and I got my answer today. I was clear with them that the pad was not on any longer and if that voided the warranty I would understand completely and that I had already bought another revo to replace it so I still love their product! . I could have easily had someone throw a pad and tip back on it but I won’t do that. I’ll take responsibility. Well I’m happy to say even though they admit I voided my warranty they sent me another shaft out to replace it. That’s excellent customer service and in my opinion over and above what they had to do.

Thank you to the predator group!!

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shipped my cracked revo back to predator last week. It arrived there yesterday and I got my answer today. I was clear with them that the pad was not on any longer and if that voided the warranty I would understand completely and that I had already bought another revo to replace it so I still love their product! . I could have easily had someone throw a pad and tip back on it but I won’t do that. I’ll take responsibility. Well I’m happy to say even though they admit I voided my warranty they sent me another shaft out to replace it. That’s excellent customer service and in my opinion over and above what they had to do.

Thank you to the predator group!!
Intresting, that they have them on hand to give out like candy.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good PR. It was the right thing for them to do.

What are you going to do with the extra revo?

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did they say what happened, other than you voided the warranty?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Any explanation? Seemed like a pretty severe consequence to not having a pad on there. Like maybe chip the area beneath the tip not the devastation you showed in your pics.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, that's awesome! I tried to PAY OB for a replacement shaft and they wouldn't even send one!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) no explanation in the letter and I didn’t ask. I was happy they were doing what they did

2) not sure. I bought another so I don’t need 2. My case is 2/4 and 2 of the shaft spots I use for a jump cue. Wouldn’t mind getting the revo break cue but I don’t really need it.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I'm assuming you sent it to Seyberts because they do the warranty and repair work for predator. Rick there is really awesome. Seems like they honor the warranty even if you voided it on the Revo shatfs so far. I'm also figuring they have so.e in stock for replacement purposes as well. You should've asked if they could send you a 12.4mm instead lol.

I had sold one of my 1st Revo shafts and a different butt overseas and when the guy got it he said it didn't role straight. Me and the buyer both thought either the pin was bent or the shaft and butt needed to be squared off. Even though the sale voided the warranty Rick had him mail it into them to see what was going on. When they got it, he said there was a problem with the shaft at the joint and they replaced it for him even though he wasn't the original purchaser. Really good customer service IMO.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I would guess that it costs them very little to replace a carbon shaft, so it would be pretty dumb of them not to unless the shaft has gone through some kind of abuse.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great outcome. Good to see they realized that their overall reputation meant more than one stick of carbon-fiber.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm assuming you sent it to Seyberts because they do the warranty and repair work for predator. Rick there is really awesome. Seems like they honor the warranty even if you voided it on the Revo shatfs so far. I'm also figuring they have so.e in stock for replacement purposes as well. You should've asked if they could send you a 12.4mm instead lol.

I had sold one of my 1st Revo shafts and a different butt overseas and when the guy got it he said it didn't role straight. Me and the buyer both thought either the pin was bent or the shaft and butt needed to be squared off. Even though the sale voided the warranty Rick had him mail it into them to see what was going on. When they got it, he said there was a problem with the shaft at the joint and they replaced it for him even though he wasn't the original purchaser. Really good customer service IMO.

No I sent it to predator

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great outcome. Good to see they realized that their overall reputation meant more than one stick of carbon-fiber.

The item was modified in a manner that was likely to result in failure. That is beyond the manufacturer's control and guidance for use of its product.

Anyone who would fault the maker for the failure would be wrong.

Nice to hear they provided a replacement out of goodwill. Score one for both sides.

f-pig

Registered
I had a similar positive experience with Predator. Through my own fault, I gouged my Revo shaft. I was devastated and emailed them to see if they could repair it or provide a discounted replacement. They had me send it to them and they sent a new one for free, despite the short supply. Excellent customer support and they earned some customer loyalty.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely .. as I said in my initial post I would not have held it against them if they said we can do nothing for you.

They actually contacted me... I posted pics on this forum with no plans to contact them since I knew I took the pad off and they messaged me asking me to send it back.

The item was modified in a manner that was likely to result in failure. That is beyond the manufacturer's control and guidance for use of its product.

Anyone who would fault the maker for the failure would be wrong.

Nice to hear they provided a replacement out of goodwill. Score one for both sides.