DSCF2468.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

DSCF2476.jpg

DSCF2477.jpg

DSCF2479.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
This is a tough one, because there are no obvious indicators. The Bushka joint ring looks like aluminum to me, which Tim Scruggs did in the early days when only a few asked for the Bushka joint ring. On the other hand, I believe most of his weight bolts were slot screw, not Phillips. The bumper looks KU, but old ones are deceiving. Could be something of an early Joss, Josswest, Tad, or a few others. The wrap is not Cortland, which doesn't necessarily give a clue anyway.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"wish it were a little lighter"

You might want to pull that weight bolt and see how big it is. With any luck it's a monster and you can just put a short one in.

I believe that style bolt is available "off the shelf".

If you do try, be careful, it might be holding the butt cap on.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
You might want to pull that weight bolt and see how big it is. With any luck it's a monster and you can just put a short one in.

I believe that style bolt is available "off the shelf".

If you do try, be careful, it might be holding the butt cap on.

Looks to be off the shelf, looks 3/8 X 16. Ubiquitous. Like the puritans who came across in my 79 Granada.

Anyhow, agree Doc, with a caveat. That bolt looks aluminum to me. In other words, it's not going to be much lighter than it is. However, even an aluminum bolt can be cut in half, and lower the weight a bit. This one is interesting...

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does look like an aluminum bolt...but pics can fool.

This is an interesting one at any rate. Looks like common parts and construction.

I am very interested to see the pilot.

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a tough one, because there are no obvious indicators. The Bushka joint ring looks like aluminum to me, which Tim Scruggs did in the early days when only a few asked for the Bushka joint ring. On the other hand, I believe most of his weight bolts were slot screw, not Phillips. The bumper looks KU, but old ones are deceiving. Could be something of an early Joss, Josswest, Tad, or a few others. The wrap is not Cortland, which doesn't necessarily give a clue anyway.

All the best,
WW

Not a TAD, wrong joint pin even if it were during his early experimenting days. Looks like a nice cue, must play nice too.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The older cues made long ago tended to be heavier than the ones made in the 2000's.
Whereas 19 ounces may be the popular norm, back then you should add an oz or more.
Cues weighing mid 20 ounces and heavier were common. Keep in mind cue shafts tended
to be a lot heavier too, by at least 1/2 ounce or more. 4 plus ounce shafts were common
versus the weight of today's cue shafts.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The older cues made long ago tended to be heavier than the ones made in the 2000's.
Whereas 19 ounces may be the popular norm, back then you should add an oz or more.
Cues weighing mid 20 ounces and heavier were common. Keep in mind cue shafts tended
to be a lot heavier too, by at least 1/2 ounce or more. 4 plus ounce shafts were common
versus the weight of today's cue shafts.

More succinctly said, the game was played on bigger tables with slower cloth.

Shafts did not tend to be heavier, they were typically mid 3s to 4 oz. Maple is maple. The difference is shafts with brass inserts vs shafts drilled for your preferred big pin joints.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tsh....Tsh.....Tsh.......

I forgive incessant trolling since both the wicked and lame are ignorant of their own shortcomings......Nuf Ced!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I forgive incessant trolling since both the wicked and lame are ignorant of their own shortcomings......Nuf Ced!

Spoken by someone both wicked and lame! How you see someone answering your point as "trolling" highlights your insecurities and wears out terribly. I'll leave the child to his toys, though.

Moving on to the adults... This is a pretty neat cue, did you ever get an ID or sell it Duane?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I believe he found out it may be a Mike Fadunka cue. Name written under the wrap....