Question about new Predator cue

malekitani

Registered
Question about new Predator Sport 2 cue. Please help!

Hello everyone,

I purchased a brand new Predator Sport 2 Cue with a 12.4 REVO shaft. When it arrived it was in a REVO sleeve, however the butt (Sport 2) has marks on it, lots of them, if you look closely at the last picture you can see like a scratch near the joint. This is my first time buying a cue stick so i was wondering if that is normal? Did they send me a return or a used one?

Also the butt did not come with a joint protector, only the shaft did.

I have attached some pictures of the marks.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20180716_203359.jpg
    IMG_20180716_203359.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_20180716_203404.jpg
    IMG_20180716_203404.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,054
  • IMG_20180716_203417.jpg
    IMG_20180716_203417.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_20180716_203429.jpg
    IMG_20180716_203429.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,051
Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A new cue from a reputable dealer should be in mint condition and never used. I would call and arrange to return it for another one, if they have it, and make sure they check out the one they're replacing it with so they don't make the same mistake twice. A reputable dealer should have no issue swapping it out, and crediting you back for the shipping charges on the return as well.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Yes should be spotless and have a clear coat. Should also come with a point protector. Hopefully you purchased from a predator dealer because they should have no issues replacing that.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply. So basically the Sport 2 butt brand new should be mirror like? or close?

If it's the kind of dealer who has a physical location aswell or goes to shows then this could easily be caused by putting it / taking it out of a dealer case 10 times. Still, he/she should have no problem replacing it for you.

Regards, Dave

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, should be spotless, contact the dealer. That arm-chair though....:rolleyes::thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a floor-model/demo to me. Took one off the rack and shipped it. Pure conjecture on my part but that's what it looks like. If it was mine it would be going back.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some educated guessing here but those marks near the joint look like typical break marks where the cue could have rubbed the table.
The other marks are problematic as well for a "New Cue".

You didn't mention if this was a dealer order, retail order, or potentially eBay, Open Billiard Market or other form of E-Commerce.

If this "New" from a dealer, then by all means someone made a mistake and shipped the wrong butt.
Additionally, demo or otherwise, they would include a joint protector on a "New" cue.

If you bought this from another form of E-Commerce, I suggest you go back and review the add/posting carefully to ensure the description matches what you believe it to be.
The Revo shafts have been out of stock for some time now; I have seen many postings of Revo shafts being grouped with used butts for re-sale.
Take a close look at the description.

malekitani

Registered
Just some educated guessing here but those marks near the joint look like typical break marks where the cue could have rubbed the table.
The other marks are problematic as well for a "New Cue".

You didn't mention if this was a dealer order, retail order, or potentially eBay, Open Billiard Market or other form of E-Commerce.

If this "New" from a dealer, then by all means someone made a mistake and shipped the wrong butt.
Additionally, demo or otherwise, they would include a joint protector on a "New" cue.

If you bought this from another form of E-Commerce, I suggest you go back and review the add/posting carefully to ensure the description matches what you believe it to be.
The Revo shafts have been out of stock for some time now; I have seen many postings of Revo shafts being grouped with used butts for re-sale.
Take a close look at the description.

I bought this from omega billiards as a brand new item. I'm in talk with them now about a resolution.

arraamis

Registered
A lot of distributors are so driven to move inventory that they forget how time consuming and reputation damaging it can be handling constant returns of damaged items. A little pre-shipping inspection goes a long, long way.

I've lost count of how many cues and shafts I've had to send back because the item arrived used, damaged or with scuffs and scratches.

As an current example, I just received two OB shafts that never should have made it out of the shop, they were so bad. But they were shipped as new and now after a return, they have to re-ship two more shafts. ....... :mad:

Prior to that I received a shaft from Ozone that had course grain sanding marks along the shaft and a ruined tip. So-called Cust. Service had the nerve to tell me that they sanded all shafts before shipping, at which time I almost hit the roof. Sent the shaft back, got my refund and needless to say, I will never do business with them again.

Sorry to vent within your thread, but I believe the "Use\sample and return" practice adopted by most billiards suppliers is doing more harm than good. What exactly do they do with the items returned damaged ....... They turn around and sell to the next customer, like the damage won't be noticed. :confused:

malekitani

Registered
A lot of distributors are so driven to move inventory that they forget how time consuming and reputation damaging it can be handling constant returns of damaged items. A little pre-shipping inspection goes a long, long way.

I've lost count of how many cues and shafts I've had to send back because the item arrived used, damaged or with scuffs and scratches.

As an current example, I just received two OB shafts that never should have made it out of the shop, they were so bad. But they were shipped as new and now after a return, they have to re-ship two more shafts. ....... :mad:

Prior to that I received a shaft from Ozone that had course grain sanding marks along the shaft and a ruined tip. So-called Cust. Service had the nerve to tell me that they sanded all shafts before shipping, at which time I almost hit the roof. Sent the shaft back, got my refund and needless to say, I will never do business with them again.

Sorry to vent within your thread, but I believe the "Use\sample and return" practice adopted by most billiards suppliers is doing more harm than good. What exactly do they do with the items returned damaged ....... They turn around and sell to the next customer, like the damage won't be noticed. :confused:

I feel you. I'm super upset now, I wanted to try the revo shaft this weekend. They are offering to take it back or $30 store credit, they said they can't exchange. I think I'll send it back and never buy from there again.

Oh and the manager assured me it's not used when I took it to a Predator dealer in my area and he assured that it's used or at least taken in and out of a case many times.

I mean this was not a cheap product to buy.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my eyes went to the chair first, it has to go! they can be hard to let go of you have sat there cutting farts in that chair so long it is like part of you, but the dump has to be soon. As for the cue I hope you get what you paid for!

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought this from omega billiards as a brand new item. I'm in talk with them now about a resolution.

I feel you. I'm super upset now, I wanted to try the revo shaft this weekend. They are offering to take it back or $30 store credit, they said they can't exchange. I think I'll send it back and never buy from there again.

Oh and the manager assured me it's not used when I took it to a Predator dealer in my area and he assured that it's used or at least taken in and out of a case many times.

I mean this was not a cheap product to buy.

WTH, the cue is obviously not in new condition; did you send them the photos?

Omega Billiards refuses to replace the used cue with a new one you paid for?
The only solution is to send everything back and lose the Revo…
Not much of a dealer if they can't replace a unilock butt.
I am guessing they have heard everything before and simply don't believe you, but why the $30 credit then???
Sucks... but obviously their warranty would be equally as robust...
Time for a refund and run away...

Thanks for the information on Omega Billiards!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Omega lost any potential business from me when they started selling those knockoff JB cases.

I try to only buy from seyberts, but the 2 items I also purchased from pooldawg were perfect as well.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Omega lost any potential business from me when they started selling those knockoff JB cases.

I try to only buy from seyberts, but the 2 items I also purchased from pooldawg were perfect as well.

But you were ok when JB was selling knock off jack Justis cases? Lol They all steal from each other

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought a "knock-off" was when you sold the fake/copy as the real deal. Correct/no? Did Omega sell the cases as JB's?

Linwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In the FWIW department I just bought my first cue from Seyberts, and it came pristine, well wrapped, and in a tube so heavy I am pretty sure I could drive a car over it (literally) and not dent it; seriously well protected. I didn't know they made cardboard that think, about 7-8mm.