Any UK English Pool players on here?

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a few of us, myself in Australia and some regular posters from the UK play it a bit or are pretty familiar with WEB and Blackball games.

Colin

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
Any UK based English Pool players on here?

I used to fluke a ball or two Wally with Ross McInnes, Pat the Chat, Keith Brewer and others. Mind you, back then unlike now, we all had a clue whether it was New York or New Year. Time has not been very kind :)

I can even remember the early 80's in a bit of a haze of drink, debauchery and gambling, when the big caravan parks of seaside places like your very own Skeggy, Scarborough, Poole, North Berwick etc were first taken over by the Uk pool community in winter weekends for a whole weekend of tournaments. Players came from one end of the country to the other. In my case I even came back from Saudi and Dubai for them when I first went to work there.

As long as none of the event organisers nicked the entry money and spent it at the bookies, then pretended it had been stolen in a break-in (that happened twice that I can remember) it was sometimes quite sizeable prize money :lol:

Wouldn't travel to Skeggy again on a Friday if you paid me. Did it from Nottingham last year for a "Northern Soul" weekend with the wife. You'd think that would be a simple journey....5 bloody hours, 3 of them at roundabouts near Newark :lol:

Colin Colenso, who answered you before me was (probably still is) a very tidy Uk 8 ball player (though he's a lot younger than me) and was a good enough pro at the American version to have been on the short lived IPT. If you are reading Colin, hope all is well....we're both a long way from Shanghai and the Middle East now mate :)

I used to fluke a ball or two Wally with Ross McInnes, Pat the Chat, Keith Brewer and others. Mind you, back then unlike now, we all had a clue whether it was New York or New Year. Time has not been very kind :)

I can even remember the early 80's in a bit of a haze of drink, debauchery and gambling, when the big caravan parks of seaside places like your very own Skeggy, Scarborough, Poole, North Berwick etc were first taken over by the Uk pool community in winter weekends for a whole weekend of tournaments. Players came from one end of the country to the other. In my case I even came back from Saudi and Dubai for them when I first went to work there.

As long as none of the event organisers nicked the entry money and spent it at the bookies, then pretended it had been stolen in a break-in (that happened twice that I can remember) it was sometimes quite sizeable prize money :lol:

Wouldn't travel to Skeggy again on a Friday if you paid me. Did it from Nottingham last year for a "Northern Soul" weekend with the wife. You'd think that would be a simple journey....5 bloody hours, 3 of them at roundabouts near Newark :lol:

Colin Colenso, who answered you before me was (probably still is) a very tidy Uk 8 ball player (though he's a lot younger than me) and was a good enough pro at the American version to have been on the short lived IPT. If you are reading Colin, hope all is well....we're both a long way from Shanghai and the Middle East now mate :)

Be honest, 3 hours in newark was spent sniffing that biscuit factory air.

Christ, what DO they put in them?

:eek:

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
Be honest, 3 hours in newark was spent sniffing that biscuit factory air.

Christ, what DO they put in them?

:eek:

:lol:

I lurvs me some biscuits lol. Nice golf course at Newark though. Anyway, won't have to do that 'short' journey again. Moving to Burnedge near Rochdale in a few days time and unfortunately we will then be real close to the wife's family who are all about 25 mins down the M62 in West Yorks :)

:lol:

I lurvs me some biscuits lol. Nice golf course at Newark though. Anyway, won't have to do that 'short' journey again. Moving to Burnedge near Rochdale in a few days time and unfortunately we will then be real close to the wife's family who are all about 25 mins down the M62 in West Yorks :)

Red rose? :eek: Despicable.

Rochdale or mansfield. Man, you live lol.

Baz666

Registered
I'm a casual Blackball player here in the UK but have found myself playing what I think was American rules while on holiday in SE Asia. I have to say, it made a nice change and offered a different challenge. Good experience.