2013 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
14.1 helps play 8 ball better.....

8 Ball League match tonight.... we played a double headed (make up match)
I went 5 - 0 with one break & run out of two attempts.
Second match... I went 5 - 0 with one break & run out of two attempts.
10 - 0 tonight....Happy, Happy , Happy!

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Ball League match tonight.... we played a double headed (make up match)
I went 5 - 0 with one break & run out of two attempts.
Second match... I went 5 - 0 with one break & run out of two attempts.
10 - 0 tonight....Happy, Happy , Happy!

John from red shoes told me when I first started playing straight pool. "You never hear anyone say don't worry about him he just plays 14.1" it makes you better all the way around. Great 14.1 players are feared in all games

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have finally ran a full rack on a nine foot table!!! Left myself a great key ball together to the break made it but left myself screwed on the break. :mad: but 14 is on a 9 footer is just a start hopefully 20 is fight around the corner

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10' Brunswick

Just sold my 7' Valley table and started setting up my 10' Brunswick 1920-1925. Now the hard part is leveling the slates.

Attachments

• 20130627_113458.jpg
    20130627_113458.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 270
  • 20130627_120420.jpg
    20130627_120420.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 20130627_121920.jpg
    20130627_121920.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 20130627_141442.jpg
    20130627_141442.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

furryboffin

Registered
127 Ball run

Just posted a 127 ball run, 9 tables and got stuck in the stack on the 10th split. tried to play a kick combo but missed the ball I Was trying to hit first... captured it on video. will post a link shortly. Any run over 100 on my table with these super tight pockets feels like a huge run at the club! BU TD score for my table is 1.24 .

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Just got finished running a real smooth 80 on 7-14-13 while practicing at Raxx.

Felt real nice to be focussed and in control. Really felt like I was gonna hit the triple digits, now I am even more determined to get there once again !!

-Steve

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats, Steve! I'll take "a real smooth 80" any day -- especially league or in a tournament -- capped with a solid safety, for the next 70 to close out the match. ;)

And, nice to see you get away from CCS (on FB) long enough to focus on some 14.1. ;) :D Myself, been playing a lot of 8-ball lately for an in-house league, but hopefully will get back to 14.1 soon.

Hopefully will see you at Raxx soon. Congrats again!
-Sean

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
On 7-11-13 I finally managed to string together some racks which I got used to separate by poor key balls position or missed break balls :embarrassed2: So I ran 39 balls.

The run finished in a bit unlucky way. I had to break two ball cluster on the rail and look where the cue ball finished after successful break.
pos01.jpg pos02.jpg

I noticed I could barely pass the 1 to try pocketing the 10 but this required throwing it towards the pocket with good amount of side spin, and the ball didn't find the target.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Congrats to Stevie for running 80 balls. That is a great run & one to be proud of even if one has ran higher numbers before. Way to go!

Vahmurha..... 39, good run. Keep up the good work. I like the two photos you posted. That was some bad luck to get locked up like that but it happens. Nothing you can do about it. You broke out that cluster and did everything right. Those runs just come to an end one way or another.
Congrats on the 39.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
On 7-11-13 I finally managed to string together some racks which I got used to separate by poor key balls position or missed break balls :embarrassed2: So I ran 39 balls.

The run finished in a bit unlucky way. I had to break two ball cluster on the rail and look where the cue ball finished after successful break.
View attachment 284788 View attachment 284789

I noticed I could barely pass the 1 to try pocketing the 10 but this required throwing it towards the pocket with good amount of side spin, and the ball didn't find the target.

Nice Shooting,

Although i may add that you call it ending in an unlucky way, when you chose to play this shot there really wasnt a viable insurance ball. i dont know what the layout looked like earlier, but maybe you could of resolved this issue earlier in the rack.

Insurance balls are keys to keeping a run going !!!

-Steve

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
thanks, Mike, Steve, and you are correct about early problem-solving. There was one attempt earlier in the rack which failed ;) About the outcome, I think I could have shot it gently just to move apart, see the cue ball traveled pretty far from the cushion. But as we all know all runs end sooner or later, and more often than not in an ugly fashion :grin-square:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
that being said. if you would of gone into the balls in a 1 Rail manner hitting the outside portion of the lower ball in a softer speed you would of had a shot on either ball.

i know this is all irreverent after it has already come to an end. but practice it, and Own it. It will come up again one day and you'll know exactly how to handle it.

-Steve

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7-11-13 made first decent run after i started practice again straight pool. Run was 83 and i record my practice nowadays coz i wanna spot my stroke errors and coz i have now camera :smile:

link on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oir9LjWXhAs

camera did not yet have so good spot for shooting but i got now better angle if i happen to make 100+ run.

table: 9 foot slow sam billiards table with tight pro cut pockets.