I'd like to know more about about CTE, from players who use it.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have already heard most the reasons why it is a "crap system" or doesn't work, how Stan is a conman, etc. If you don't like or use CTE, please do not post in this thread, thanks.

I just want to discuss CTE with people who use and like the system. I am not the forum shotcaller who says who can and can't post, though the rules are prety clear about bashing on aiming systems.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have already heard most the reasons why it is a "crap system" or doesn't work, how Stan is a conman, etc. If you don't like or use CTE, please do not post in this thread, thanks.
I just want to discuss CTE with people who use and like the system. I am not the forum shotcaller who says who can and can't post, though the rules are prety clear about bashing on aiming systems.
I have been a serious student of the system for about a year or more.
I am a slow learner and I had 50 years of "Mosconi fraction shooting" concepts to unlearn. So I had a struggle before it began to click into place.
Stan warns new students, (especially those with some mileage), about that so it came as no surprise.
You will find that when you watch pro players using the system, you will seldom see any visible pivoting. Stan teaches a "disguised pivot" which conceals what is really going on.
On the other hand you will see various hacks attempting to explain it on YouTube and many, in their zeal, really do more harm than good.
Stan's free Truth Series is just around the corner. It's probably a good idea to wait for all that before believing a lot of what you might see on the web about it.
CTE will change your pool shooting life if you spend time with it. Also, somehow or another, it gets rid of any wonky stroke issues you might have. Stan is very emphatic about the importance of a good stroke (contrary to what many of the gripers think).
I'd like to be of more help, but around here I think you'll just get beat up and hammered on by the majority.
Good wishes to you.:thumbup:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I would reach out to users of the system on Facebook. Some of the posters here are toxic.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been a serious student of the system for about a year or more.
I am a slow learner and I had 50 years of "Mosconi fraction shooting" concepts to unlearn. So I had a struggle before it began to click into place.
Stan warns new students, (especially those with some mileage), about that so it came as no surprise.
You will find that when you watch pro players using the system, you will seldom see any visible pivoting. Stan teaches a "disguised pivot" which conceals what is really going on.
On the other hand you will see various hacks attempting to explain it on YouTube and many, in their zeal, really do more harm than good.
Stan's free Truth Series is just around the corner. It's probably a good idea to wait for all that before believing a lot of what you might see on the web about it.
CTE will change your pool shooting life if you spend time with it. Also, somehow or another, it gets rid of any wonky stroke issues you might have. Stan is very emphatic about the importance of a good stroke (contrary to what many of the gripers think).
I'd like to be of more help, but around here I think you'll just get beat up and hammered on by the majority.
Good wishes to you.:thumbup:
Thanks Low500, look forward to chatting with you on the subject.

I would reach out to users of the system on Facebook. Some of the posters here are toxic.

I just hate facebook, lol.
And, I have noticed some are quite insistent on sharing the negatives of CTE in every possible thread, so I gave a simple request that as a courtesy to me, please skip posting in this thread if they don't like or use CTE. If anyone comes in this thread bashing CTE, I am going to spam Mike's email until he bans them(or me). :cool:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So for those who use CTE, maybe you guys can chime in on a question I have.

In my experience playing pool/snooker, when aiming and standing over a shot, my nose, bellybutton, and dick are all inline. That is when I am looking down the target line, but once I get down to shoot, my body has to shift or pivot to make room for me to bend over and stroke the ball which also changes my perception of the shot.

I am not a CTE aimer, but I think the pivot step and the pivot I mentioned are connected, am I mistaken?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So for those who use CTE, maybe you guys can chime in on a question I have.

In my experience playing pool/snooker, when aiming and standing over a shot, my nose, bellybutton, and dick are all inline. That is when I am looking down the target line, but once I get down to shoot, my body has to shift or pivot to make room for me to bend over and stroke the ball which also changes my perception of the shot.

I am not a CTE aimer, but I think the pivot step and the pivot I mentioned are connected, am I mistaken?

I'll chime. You must be fairly young. Most everyone loses the constant woodie sticking straight up or straight ahead. It kinda flops into a Throckmorton.

In answer to your direct question, yes.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll chime. You must be fairly young. Most everyone loses the constant woodie sticking straight up or straight ahead. It kinda flops into a Throckmorton.

In answer to your direct question, yes.

I wish I was still young, lol.

I guess young is subjective, at almost 40, with a love of extreme sports and fighting in my earlier years, I don't feel 40, seen 60-year-olds sprier than myself.

Luckily the old peter still stands at attention from time to time :cool:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I wish I was still young, lol.

I guess young is subjective, at almost 40, with a love of extreme sports and fighting in my earlier years, I don't feel 40, seen 60-year-olds sprier than myself.

Luckily the old peter still stands at attention from time to time :cool:

Pssst...watch what you say. I've had suspicions about a few on here as far as how they swing. They might want to try linking up with you if you stimulate their imagination.

Check your PM about pivot.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pssst...watch what you say. I've had suspicions about a few on here as far as how they swing. They might want to try linking up with you if you stimulate their imagination.

Check your PM about pivot.

I tried to respond, although our mailbox is full. Feel free to talk in here, I am not joking about spamming the report button if the bashing starts up.

Now if I wasn't familiar with all the criticisms of CTE, I would be down to listen, but the people against CTE literally post in almost every thread about CTE, and it is just the same responses over and over again, almost verbatim. So I have a pretty good idea what the detractors have to say. No reason for them to post the same responses I have seen countless times, yet again in my thread.

Also, Let's stay away from insulting them as well, that way they don't feel the need to jump in. And honestly I don't care if someone is gay or not, I was raised that it was a sin, based on my religious views, I still see it as a sin. But I don't think my religious views should determine what is right or wrong or how others should live.

Last edited: