DAZN and Boxing Fans

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Get the most out of your $19.95 Mosconi Cup subscription and see what should be another entertaining fight, Ruiz versus Joshua 2 with the WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles on the line.

Joshua (6'6" 237) is the challenger who makes Marvel characters look frail with his god-like build and boxing skills. Ruiz (6'0" 283) looks like a bouncer/gang enforcer on the wrong side of town. He's a brawler and seems to get no respect. As far as odds goes, the first fight was one of the biggest upsets in boxing history. Josua was a 24 to 1 favorite to win. Ruiz scored a TKO in the 7th round. Despite this, Joshua is still the odds on favorite at -250 to -350. I personally think Joshua will win because this time he knows to take the fight seriously.

It's on tomorrow starting at11:00 am Eastern with the main event starting at 3:45 Eastern. Get into "Da Zone" baby!

Attachments

• Ruiz and Joshua 2.jpg
    Ruiz and Joshua 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 367
  • Ruiz Joshua 2.jpg
    Ruiz Joshua 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact that they say he got knocked out
in practice a week before the fight
probably had more to do with
the loss than him not taking it seriously.

Unless you live under a rock you would know
Ruiz is a dangerous opponent. I doubt Joshua
is that dumb.

Ruiz topped the scales at an extra chubby
283:)

Make use of that Dazn subscription folks.
Ruiz has good footwork, fast hands, and
obvious knockout power.
Joshua is one of the best heavyweights,
up there with Fury and Wilder.

I will not be missing this one. I hope Ruiz
finds a way to take it down, he is a likeable guy.
Joshua not fighting/Eddie Hern lowballing
Wilder and Fury makes me want to see him lose
again.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I was right there ringside when Anthony Joshua won the gold medal at the London 2012 Olympics. He's a hell of a fighter.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be good.

I doubt the fight goes 8 rounds. They both will be looking for a early knock out. Ruiz knows he can deliver it and Joshua has a long history of knock outs and a desire for revenge.

Ruiz recovered from the punches of Joshua, few ever have and Joshua did not recover from the first hard punch Ruiz put on his temple. Ouch! I also am suspect of Joshua's chin. I like both of them and hope the best man wins!

Hey Joey, the new ferrule and tip you put on my Lake Salvage shaft is working great. Thanks again!

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Would be nice to see Vasyl Lomachenko fight and he's moved up to lightweight now. Amateur career was 396-1.

Handspeed

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be nice to see Vasyl Lomachenko fight and he's moved up to lightweight now. Amateur career was 396-1.

Handspeed

He just takes takes a step to the side and then he starts pulverizing his opponents and it is like they are required to stand there helpless and take it as they do.

He's a helluva fighter-top 5 my lifetime and i been around since water.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
And I can't believe Ruiz gained 20 lbs for this fight.
He lost weight and did not like his strength. So, he kept eating. :eek:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume there is an additional fee to watch the fight on DAZN just like Netflix, Amazon Streaming and ESPN+ they do PPVs on top of the monthly for special content.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joshua got hit above the ear and was punch drunk for the next few rounds until he quit. it was embarrassing.

I think Ruiz is going to come right at him early and try to overwhelm him.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No
Included

Wonder who is putting up 100 mil in salaries plus production costs etc? Or is this a loss leader for DAZN trying to pick up customers?

They seem absolutely helpless in the art of running an advertisement that looks like it isnt a 3rd world 50's production. JMHO

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Wonder who is putting up 100 mil in salaries plus production costs etc? Or is this a loss leader for DAZN trying to pick up customers?

They seem absolutely helpless in the art of running an advertisement that looks like it isnt a 3rd world 50's production. JMHO

DAZN makes money off box-office,subscription and ads/sponsors.

Their fights and big sporting events are the main attraction to their subscription.
Just as HBO used to do until they stopped doing boxing b/c their main money maker became Game of Thrones.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I had no idea people still watched boxing lol

They always will.

I remember riding with my dad in his 1960 Ford Starliner and a fight came on the radio. I said "Dad, who do you think will win?" Dad said "Sonny Liston is going to murder him."

Imagine my dad's disbelief when Cassius Clay knocked out Liston, the most feared fighter of his day. I became a real fan of boxing that day and was hooked on boxing. It still is the sweet science with a long, colorful history. Although I don't really follow it closely, I love championship matches.