Mr 600

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been intimated that the corner pocket shelf's radii were enlarged to facilitate ball drops. See it with the odd scratch shot to end his 434 run on May 8, 2019. It is available on you tube. you could have put three balls into the opening. Pause the video and watch it frame by frame.

I kid you not

Has a third party verified playing surface, the pocket openings at 5" and shelf size depth. Is the table still there to confirm any of this? Just wondering.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It has been intimated that the corner pocket shelf's radii were enlarged to facilitate ball drops. See it with the odd scratch shot to end his 434 run on May 8, 2019. It is available on you tube. you could have put three balls into the opening. Pause the video and watch it frame by frame.

I kid you not

That scratch where the ball spun/turned/scratched was not even on the same table as the 626 was it? I thought that 434 was in December at the other venue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No speed records were ever sent into a headwind!

Don't be so quick to dismiss this -- I think it falls into a category not unlike "wind assistance" in sprint races.

Look up something like "diagram" or "layout of a pool table" and you'll get results that clearly show what end of the table the balls are supposed to be racked at. Why would you go to the opposite end if it wasn't strictly to gain an advantage that others have not enjoyed? If you think it makes no difference, consider the next big 10ball tournament when one player suddenly decides he wants the balls racked at the head of the table, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That scratch where the ball spun/turned/scratched was not even on the same table as the 626 was it? I thought that 434 was in December at the other venue....
That scratch was on the same table as the 626 -- the front table at Easy Street in Monterey, CA.

For the run with the scratch shot, the balls were racked at the actual head end of the table (nameplate end). For the 626, the balls were racked at the foot of the table. Since the table has no ball return, there is no practical difference between the ends.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What do Donald Trump and John Schmidt have in common?

Some people keep trying to impeach them.....with very little success.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
This is a good point

I'm curious to know, if, and whenever the elusive video surfaces, whether or not the ball cleaning/polishing will be partially, or fully, edited out.

IMO: This appears to be a purely orchestrated, commercial, endeavor between JS and Predator...I know it wasn't considered "news worthy" because there weren't any actual journalists present observing the run, like at boxing matches and baseball games, and I doubt that JS authored and sent out hundreds of press releases (PR) to various newspapers in the hope some would publish it, so I can determine that Predator did it as a marketing tool. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it makes me wonder why Predator, with their financial and legal resources, were not prepared to gain the trademark and/or publishing rights before, during, or quickly after the run was made.

Just too many issues here for my taste.

I would also add If they were picking up the loose break ball to polish with their wax also, then there might be more room for larceny with the bca/predeter editing p.r. team. The first time I played John in the tar match in Louisville, Kentucky he pulled a classless move after he hooked himself in the ten ball. He went to grab a piece of chalk and then literally swiped the chalk towards me, the piece of chalk went winging past me - missing my noggin by only inches. I asked him bout it I said wow throwing chalk at me?he said it was an accident ( I don't believe it was) as when I called him out on it he asked if I was going to make a production about it. These are coward moves that players employ to upset there opponent and get them off there game. It was ok however I got the $. I would have collected the dough on the 2nd all around had he not argued bout rules he already knew (jump cue) and then proceeded with his name calling. I do not hate him but people who are so weak as to try and upset their opponent with name calling or arguing bout rules(no intent to actually back it up) are cowards. Finally Chad told John to shut the )&^% up and play pool. Oh it's on tape so I think the bca and predetr pr teem' can certify that it did actually happen. John Schmidt is a nit period. I can only hope he is able to improve on his attitude while at the table - being tested from a player of = uh billity' or he will need more than overseas sponsors and bca bureaucrats to save him. On the last tar match North KC,MO in an interview John admitted that he was trying to upset me at 9-9 in the last leg of the one pocket where he went for his little jump cue move. Truly sad for mr.400 to get run over playing against me in a set to 400. One stroke and Lou - I do appreciate your candor through this rude phony intrusion on Mosconi's 100=+ year old record.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
well

Records are not based on if we like JS or not. I never met the guy. Heck, he might not like me ;)

So, facts are facts, they don't change because you have an ax to grind.

There are a few pool players I don't care for much, but I don't make a history of chasing them around and telling them what they did wrong, and telling them they are not champs when they win. But, enjoy, I'm sure JS will walk away from the record he set if there are just a few more posts. You're getting so close, don't stop now boys !!

well I can agree with you on one point - xardarx is a troll and should be banned from az. I put him on the ignore list - where he belongs. But schmidt is not a champion, nor does he or "the powers that be" as felicity stated - deserve to taint Mosconi's record through some sort of pr stunt to promote john's new cue sponsor.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John is a good champion
,i thought he won a national championship

Now he ran a bunch of balls

this thread is a bunch of stinking cry babies
no wonder pool is considered a low rent game

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
gonna top a thousand posts!

61 pages of stuff in 2 months.

Just doing my part to keep it going

The thread is on track to top a thousand posts, plenty of conjecture when most of us have no solid information. If there is a jump or blur on the video some of the "john is god" crowd will swap sides. If there is a clear and unedited video released it might sway a few of the doubters. Video from one camera off to the side as I understand this to be can be blocked a good bit of the time so doubters may not jump on the bandwagon when they still can't see the entire run.

Gotta admit, I fall somewhere in the middle until I get reports on the unedited video from people I know and respect. Until this run went past 450 or so I suspect it was one more practice run in john's mind. Did he nudge a ball without thinking or something similar? Maybe, only john knows and quite a few people know he doesn't qualify for sainthood.

This should be worth another five to ten posts, we are almost in the home stretch for 1000!

Hu

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I would also add If they were picking up the loose break ball to polish with their wax also, then there might be more room for larceny with the bca/predeter editing p.r. team. The first time I played John in the tar match in Louisville, Kentucky he pulled a classless move after he hooked himself in the ten ball. He went to grab a piece of chalk and then literally swiped the chalk towards me, the piece of chalk went winging past me - missing my noggin by only inches. I asked him bout it I said wow throwing chalk at me?he said it was an accident ( I don't believe it was) as when I called him out on it he asked if I was going to make a production about it. These are coward moves that players employ to upset there opponent and get them off there game. It was ok however I got the $. I would have collected the dough on the 2nd all around had he not argued bout rules he already knew (jump cue) and then proceeded with his name calling. I do not hate him but people who are so weak as to try and upset their opponent with name calling or arguing bout rules(no intent to actually back it up) are cowards. Finally Chad told John to shut the )&^% up and play pool. Oh it's on tape so I think the bca and predetr pr teem' can certify that it did actually happen. John Schmidt is a nit period. I can only hope he is able to improve on his attitude while at the table - being tested from a player of = uh billity' or he will need more than overseas sponsors and bca bureaucrats to save him. On the last tar match North KC,MO in an interview John admitted that he was trying to upset me at 9-9 in the last leg of the one pocket where he went for his little jump cue move. Truly sad for mr.400 to get run over playing against me in a set to 400. One stroke and Lou - I do appreciate your candor through this rude phony intrusion on Mosconi's 100=+ year old record.
Dude, it was not 100 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A: you aren't lying.
2- John did win the us open.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
That is just this thread....gotta be a thousand pages on the 626 by now.

Yeah you’re right, every thread about it has blown up for a time...then they died down and after a bit someone showed up asking where the video was...and off to the races again lol. I am so ready to see the video. I think I’ll find a real pretty girl and make her watch it with me as a first date.