Alt Breaks, Spot 9 , 3 Foul , Call the 9 Only

Any question call

DRE
302-753-2015

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to guess...what would you think the number of entrants would be?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to guess...what would you think the number of entrants would be?

Hopefully not too many, 4 tables in the place from what I can see and they are doing double elimination with 2 of 3 races to 5 each match on winners side.

So you got basically at least a race to 10 on winners side on 4 tables if someone wins both sets and race to 15 if first sets are split.

If you get only 16 people, that is 4+ hours to just get past first round. Heaven help them if there are two C or D players playing and they hold up their bracket also. I have seen tables literally take twice as long as other matches to finish. At least a few times we had people about too start their 3rd match but had to wait for a table to finish their first.

For a tournament with 4 tables, need to have races to 4 or 3 depending on how many show up. Not a lot of players will want to sit for 2 hours to play their first game then another 2 to play their second.

Someone is not thinking about time here or they got a lot more tables installed.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your input

You modified the races, but when I said races to 4 or 3, I meant a single race. 2 of 3 sets each match with only 4 tables will still lead to hours of waiting to play even with a small amount of players. Need more tables unless you are only expecting 8 players.

Look at it this way, a race to 9 with pro players takes an hour or more, going by the AccuStats tapes. With lesser skilled players you are looking at maybe 70-90 minutes for a race to 8, or 12. 4 tables 16 players you will have 2.5-3 hours to just get through the first round. And some races will be 2 sets, some will be 3, each of those times will cause players to wait for other tables to finish when there are loser brackets.

4 tables, stick with races to 4 or 3. You can change it based on how many show up.

If you have longer races, you will have people playing two matches in 4-6 hours and that is not a good thing when it's 7pm and you are in your second round of play.

Last edited: